Microsoft Finally Agrees to Provide Info on Windows 10 Updates

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
If you're already on Windows 10, you probably know that Microsoft doesn't provide any change log with the updates it releases for your operating system, aside from some very short mentions of “improvements and performance optimizations.”

So it's absolutely no surprise that the majority of users running Windows 10 criticized Microsoft for this sudden change, especially because they want always to be in full control of the updates they install, which sometimes could actually do more harm than good.

Fortunately, it appears that Microsoft has received the message, and Windows boss Terry Myerson says that the software giant is now working to change this approach and provide us with change logs for every single Windows 10 update that it pushes to our computers.

Consumer Feed back

Obviously, Myerson used this occasion to praise Microsoft's new collaboration with users, saying that it's all living proof that they are actively listening to our opinions (we're still waiting for tabs in File Explorer, by the way).

“As an example of direct response to feedback we’ve received, we will be improving our documentation of what has changed within any individual update, and improving scheduling options for when updates are installed. This collaboration with Insiders is invaluable to our team, and we continue to welcome anyone who wants to work with us on the future of Windows 10,” Myerson recently said.

Right now, it's not yet clear when Microsoft actually plans to provide us with information on the Windows 10 updates it ships, but given the fact that Threshold 2 is just around the corner, this would be a good moment to start doing this.

Cumulative updates are released at a rather fast pace and according to their brief change logs, they are only supposed to improve performance and fix bugs. And yet, it's no secret that there's more under the hood, so luckily, starting with Threshold 2 we'll know more about the changes they bring.

Sourse

http://news.softpedia.com/news/micr...ovide-info-on-windows-10-updates-495574.shtml

At last they are listening and now everyone will know what the update will do before it go in or once installed we will know fully what improvement has been done
I am one off the lucky one
With upgrade and updates going in smoothly
Some members have not been so lucky

Reaction score
Softpedia is no better than 3rd rate website.
I wouldn't go so low to read something from a 3rd rate publisher.
I only believe news coming out directly from Microsoft.

Last edited:

hTconeM9user

Reaction score
Softpedia is no better than 3rd rate website.
I wouldn't go so low to read a 3rd rate publisher.
I only believe news coming out directly from Microsoft.

So you don't believe a windows boss then.
Read it properly it is not the source saying it but a boss from Microsoft themselves

OK in future I will not bother posting for other members on here with your attitude
You have just messed it up for other members who might want to read about things

Reaction score
OK in future I will not bother posting for other members on here with your attitude

That's perfect to me.
And I don't need something copied from another forum.
I am quite certain that I will not be left in the dark without some 3rd rate publications.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Myerson and Gabe Aul would certainly be reliable sources in my view. But one has to watch for misquotes when reading from indirect sources.

Reaction score
Myerson and Gabe Aul would certainly be reliable sources in my view. But one has to watch for misquotes when reading from indirect sources.

Agree. But the info does not come directly from either one of them.

hTconeM9user

Reaction score
I have informed the admin and mod on here that because of your attitude I am not willing to help any member on here now and am leaving this forum forth with

Bif

Reaction score
Im honestly hoping that all of these shenanigans are simply in jest,as I'd have a hard time comprehending that folks would get pissed off at someone passing along any info on MS or Win10...
I agree however in that I don't read the LA Times to find out what happening in New York.The "source",with any news is paramount to it's authenticity..

Reaction score
Im honestly hoping that all of these shenanigans are simply in jest,as I'd have a hard time comprehending that folks would get pissed off at someone passing along any info on MS or Win10...

This was what he said in another post.
(Quote)
Read the reply posted this is a link inside and it came from someone at Microsoft themselves
Also been confirmed by someone on another forum that Microsoft insider released the report
But in future I wont be posting nothing on this forum will just let members on here be left in the dark.
( end quote)

That is what sets me off.
What makes him think we will be left in the dark without him? Who does he think he is?

Bif

Reaction score
(Quote)
Read the reply posted this is a link inside and it came from someone at Microsoft themselves
Also been confirmed by someone on another forum that Microsoft insider released the report
But in future I wont be posting nothing on this forum will just let members on here be left in the dark.
( end quote)

What makes him think we will be left in the dark without him? Who does he think he is?
I haven't read his other posts unfortunately...I can see your point though,I have a hard time believing what most people say when they're standing in front of me and take most things on the internet in general with a grain of salt.To have informed opinions and answers on any forum you can't rely on third parties that read it on another forum that heard it second hand.
If I don't know for certain..I don't say anything...just my rule.

Reaction score
(Quote)
( end quote)

He is a member of Windows 10 Forum and has been there since early July and has been trying to make a name for himself here recently where it looks like he succeeded. He has bee posting inaccurate advise and has been called on it too. Then he started posting these information type clips but fails to read them first most of the time. When he is found to be wrong and is called on it, he refuses to admit it or apologize. He says we have a bad attitude but he is the one with a poor attitude if you ask me. I think we can get along without him.

Last edited:
Reaction score
... as an Aussie from the bush it seems we have another whinging pom in our midst ... get your ego out of your butt .... this forum is for w10 ...not you you poor sod... get over it & get a life !

Reaction score
So you don't believe a windows boss then.
Read it properly it is not the source saying it but a boss from Microsoft themselves

You have just messed it up for other members who might want to read about things

Then you should log out remove your Avatar and let this forum be a peaceful one.

Reaction score
I never really have read the info on updates. I have however hidden updates I knew I didn't want. And with MS forcing automatic updates, I'm not sure what the fuss is about as for the info. I mean what difference does it make; if we know what the update is, if we don't have the option to turn the update off and/or hide it?

@Gideon, you quoted someone saying they were leaving the forum. Then you suggest that they should. Why exactly are you trolling him? You speak of a peaceful forum, but yet your very own words make it less than peaceful. That's a bit contradictory.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I never really have read the info on updates. I have however hidden updates I knew I didn't want. And with MS forcing automatic updates, I'm not sure what the fuss is about as for the info. I mean what difference does it make; if we know what the update is, if we don't have the option to turn the update off and/or hide it?

@Gideon, you quoted someone saying they were leaving the forum. Then you suggest that they should. Why exactly are you trolling him? You speak of a peaceful forum, but yet your very own words make it less than peaceful. That's a bit contradictory.
What I said was that if he is leaving he should remove his Avatar, Read my post I never said he should leave. My post is Below:

Then you should log out remove your Avatar and let this forum be a peaceful one.

Reaction score
I never really have read the info on updates. I have however hidden updates I knew I didn't want. And with MS forcing automatic updates, I'm not sure what the fuss is about as for the info. I mean what difference does it make; if we know what the update is, if we don't have the option to turn the update off and/or hide it?.

For the moment, I do not like the forced update procedure. But I agree with your comments. The problem for me is that they need to clean up the procedure a little. I have mostly been successful, but, on one laptop, it needed quite a bit o trial and error and restarts, in order to install one of the "cumulative" updates. I don't sit and watch, so after some investigation, I found the error was a combination of my very poor internet connection and Microsoft servers timing out. I have solved this by , as soon as I see a large update on the way, going directly to Microsoft's download site and downloading from there. It goes smoothly then, but should not be necessary. Microsoft often comment that they are catering for the lowest common factor. Well, my connection is one of those!

Another distressing feature, which is not entirely to do with the updates, ut, given the chance, we could hide. Recently, on one of my computer's, I uninstalled MS Office. Some days later I was obliged to sit and watch updates coming down the pipeline for the uninstalled program. This has happened in frequently, the past. But, then, I was able to intercept and hide those offered updates.

Bif

Reaction score
I always try to rationalize the actions behind decisions and although I haven't run into any issues with the forced updates I still have difficulty in understanding the psyche behind MS doing this..given their track record.I use the show/hide tool allot and as it works as advertised it's still an afterthought addressing something that should really not be in the first place,touch wood again..I haven't had any issues regarding the updates thus far...lets hope it stays that way.
Also knowing the details truly means squat if it's automatically downloaded...Id rather not know to be honest.

Ask a Question