Latest build, updated all the time, EDGE will NOT sync Favs. Microsoft won't help.

Reaction score
My issue is that my Favorites in EDGE refuse to sync across ANY of my devices.

I have MANY computers with which to test. Any new accounts I create have NO favorites in them. My other computers both have different lists of favorites. When I try to delete ALL favorites from ALL computers in an effort to fix, each list from each computer repopulates itself.

I am here in an act of desperation. I have given up on the Microsoft forums, because I don't want my answer to be "use Chrome". That's like some shithead using the "get a Mac" crap from the old days.

I like Edge, I want to use Edge, I'm not giving it up. What I want is a fix.

I have spoken to Microsoft and they said give up. So did the forums. I have waited for newer versions of Windows.

The last think I tried recently was to take another laptop, put in a clean copy of Windows 10 and see what synced. NOTHING. I have two other main computers. A desktop and a Surface Pro 5. I routinely save the Favs just so I don't lost them. There must be SOMETHING to try from an engineering stand point.

Does anyone have any other good suggestions on what to try? I'm determined, and pretty upset that Microsoft themselves does not seem interested in my problem.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not stated, but, you are probably aware that you need to be signed in with an MS account in order to sync?
If done, then open the Edge with the three dots - settings and scroll right down to accounts. There you have the option to sync.

Reaction score
Another issue with Edge is it won't directly Import from browsers other than IE but should work with .html files Exported from other browser.

Reaction score
Not stated, but, you are probably aware that you need to be signed in with an MS account in order to sync?
If done, then open the Edge with the three dots - settings and scroll right down to accounts. There you have the option to sync.

Yes, way past all that.

Normally pretty good at figuring stuff out. I work on PC's for a living. I thought that deleting ALL favorites from ALL machines and then waiting a bit would do it. But they all repopulated with their own lists.

There must be some files to delete somewhere in order to wipe the "cache" or whatever I'm looking for clear. I had tried to call Microsoft and used their MVP forum, and the GetHelp button to get several folks in on this problem.

I was honestly thinking that there would just be some set way to reset all of this to make it work. A registry fix, anything.

I will make one more phone call to Microsoft and ask for Pay Support to see if they will bump this up further. There are a ton of folks that have this issue.

Reaction score
Must confess, I haven't read many complaints on this issue. Quite the opposite in my usage. Whenever I reinstall, I usually have to repopulate. I have them normal Favourite storage under my username, which IE picks up automatically, I can then import, with ease, to other browsers.
But, it is the same list, in my case, as a preference, in both Edge and IE.
To which MVP forum do you refer, out of interest?

Last edited:

Ask a Question