SOLVED Status of Internet Explorer in latest Preview builds?

Reaction score
I am noticing more and more websites are not supporting IE. In some cases there are popups stating such and others just show a blank screen but Edge works fine. Some sites just seem to redirect to the wrong page.

Is IE still in the Preview builds or any info regarding its lifespan for future builds? I suppose I need to start realizing that some online experiences may be impacted if I try to stick with IE. I suppose I need to accept Edge or look for another browser.

Reaction score
Maybe a quicky through the settings, Saltgrass.
I haven noticed anything different, but I will from now. I use Edg as my default, so maybe I havnt had enough exposure.

Reaction score
Yesterday I went to a Rufus site linked in one of the threads and got the no longer support IE popup. Today I was looking for a new game and went to the Electronic Arts site. In Edge I got the full page with video but IE showed a blank screen.

I suppose what really bothers me is when I might be getting failures with a site and don't know it is happening. I will try Edge for a while as my default but so far I have not been impressed.

Thanks

Reaction score
OK. Just tried a few things. I had no problems from several Rufus sites.
Electronic arts would not load. I went into tools and compatibility, and put EA on the list. It then opened. No idea why it is suddenly showing this behaviour.

Reaction score
The Rufus site showed the popup when I tried going to a link on that site. I will play with Edge for a while to see if I can get used to the way that browser is controlled.

Thanks..

Reaction score
I haven't used IE since I retired in 2006. It would not surprise me if it just disappeared from Windows releases.

Ask a Question