"The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0xc000009c" Error.

Reaction score
So, I recently got this problem that occurred out of nowhere. I logged into my laptop, and all I could see was my desktop wallpaper (no icons), a task bar with only the "Type here to search", and the time in the bottom right, and everything would flicker to a black screen every so often. I solved that by going to services through task manager, and disabling "Windows Error Reporting Services Properties" in the startup option thing. Now this error is always on my screen: https://gyazo.com/944939e214b1e0720a70b565761db07e. Everytime I click "OK", everything refreshes, and the error comes right back up. If you don't want to click the link, here is what the error says:
explorer.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x00007FFC924558FB referenced memory at 0x0000000008910018. The required data was not
placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0xc000009c.

Click on OK to terminate the program.

I have already tried sfc scanning, and when I try to chkdsk it finds no errors. Please somebody help me, I have pretty much been up for 2 and a half days now just trying to fix this, I have lots of time as I am a student and summer break has just begun, if you know what is going on with my PC or have the ability to know, please ask questions or give me any useful information regarding my issue.

Ask a Question