Password Required At Wake Up, Windows 10

Reaction score
I have tried to solve this for days. I have read every single, "Solution" yet none of them work. Most tell me to click and link, then click on, :#^^(%^$%$", when in fact, that link does not exist. I am using windows 10. Can anyone tell me the steps to make this terrible program no longer ask for a password on wake up. It's driving me nuts. It never asked until this last update.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
All settings/Accounts/sign in options/.....in this window you'll see at the top "Require sign-in". In the drop down box/click and select never. Works every time.

Reaction score
I use a simple solution...I have all the sleep, wake, hibernate stuff all turned off. My computers are either on or off. I enter my password when I power up and never again until the next boot.

Reaction score
All settings/Accounts/sign in options/.....in this window you'll see at the top "Require sign-in". In the drop down box/click and select never. Works every time.

Thank you bass Maeter. I did the changes but it still requires a password every time it goes to screen saver. I have rebooted and checked that the change took and it has, but nothing has changed as far as it asking for a password.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Click the Start Button and just start typing themes
hit enter
Click the Screen Saver icon in the bottom right corner of the Themes Window
Uncheck the box that says "On resume, display logon screen"
Click OK

ScrSvrPwd.jpg

Reaction score
Click the Start Button and just start typing themes
hit enter
Click the Screen Saver icon in the bottom right corner of the Themes Window
Uncheck the box that says "On resume, display logon screen"
Click OK

View attachment 4552

Thanks for the reply Trouble. Now I get tho show my ignorance. What do you mean by start typing themes? I have no clue what that means.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Try it....
Click the Start Button / Windows logo / bottom left most corner of your desktop screen on the taskbar, and....
Just start typing with your keyboard.... the word ..... theme
you will see things start to happen and a list will appear and at the top of that list will be "Change the theme"
You can select that from the list or just hit enter and it will open the old style Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization window
And your screen saver selection icon should be in the bottom right of that window.

You could also just type Screen saver and it should take you right to where you want to be.

Reaction score
Try it....
Click the Start Button / Windows logo / bottom left most corner of your desktop screen on the taskbar, and....
Just start typing with your keyboard.... the word ..... theme
you will see things start to happen and a list will appear and at the top of that list will be "Change the theme"
You can select that from the list or just hit enter and it will open the old style Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization window
And your screen saver selection icon should be in the bottom right of that window.

You could also just type Screen saver and it should take you right to where you want to be.

Trouble, between your reply and Bassfisher it is gone. Man I cannot believe how many hours it took and some guys haven't got it yet. Thank you very much.

Reaction score

Bassfisher, between your reply and Trouble it is gone. Man I cannot believe how many hours it took and some guys haven't got it yet. Thank you very much.

Ask a Question