Help Required With Creating System Image

Reaction score
Hi.
I have tried creating a back up of the windows image on my PC using the inbuilt windows create an image function. I try to save the image to my QNAP NAS which is on the same home network
When I do this I get two error messages 0x807800C5 and 0x80780081. I understand that one error message is to do with the EFI partition, mine is 260Mb GPT (EFI System Partition). I cannot see another EFI system partition anywhere. I understand that the other error message is do with trying to save to an external drive that already has an EFI Partition on it. I have deleted the folder on my NAS where I was trying to save the image to but the message reappears.
So I am at a loss as what to do to get this to work.
I use Macrium without any issues, it is just that being an engineer it bugs me when something does not work as it should and I have this need to fix it.
So any help would be gratefully received.
Thank you.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Roger,

Have you all ready created an image in the past?

[ re the 0x807800C5 error ]

Unlike Windows 7, Windows 10 will not overwrite or delete a backup, so you may need to rename it first before attempting to create a new one and store it is the same location.

You can simply add .old to the end of the old backup file name, then provided your storage device has enough space to store a second System image, you ought to be good to go.

Reaction score
Hi.

Thank you for your response. I will check this tomorrow and have another go. Does it matter that my NAS is running LInux?
Thank you.
Regards.
Roger.

Regedit32

Reaction score
That should not cause any issues.

Are you mapping to the drive, or did you just create a Shared folder with Admin read/write permissions?

Reaction score
Hi.

I created a folder on my QNAP NAS in an unshared folder, only myself and admin have access, and then tried to do a back up of the Windows Image to that folder.
Thank you.
Regards.
Roger.

Ask a Question