SOLVED Microsoft demotes Windows 10 Redstone 4 build 17133 from RTM status

Reaction score
That sounds about right. If I decided to do this and wait to install, I'd have nearly a dozen machines all downloading the same upgrade files. I'm trying to stay ahead of MS and then they find a need in delays. I can understand the delays but they are being a pain in the ass with their auto-updating.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Now the hype is all gone.....oh well.

At least for me it's not....I did the next best thing....LOL! I set up a RAID 0 (first time RAID user) with the latest MCT build. Now it feels like I'm using windows 10 for the first time...not really. It was an eventful day.

Reaction score
I had a Raid 0 setup for a while but my Seagate drive's integrity was not up to the task. I started getting raid warnings. I finally disconnected them from Raid and haven't tried another pair of drives.

Reaction score
Zac (the author of the article) is another, like many other I (and I guess most of you guys?) read. And, like the others, refers to the mysterious "my sources". I generally have a look at as many rumours as possible and make an , often futile, attempt at my own analysis.
As I stated in the other overlong thread, the best rumour I have read is that the manufactures were unhappy with the name "Spring" - meaningless to, for example, Australians.

Bottom line is the prenamed RTM is no longer, so we wait again.

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be funny the "problem" they discovered is actually in ALL the builds .... But it took either the CU the public received or the CU the Insider build received to expose it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Never being one, who would ever stoop so low as to resort to something like -> I told you so.
I'm still reasonably convinced that 180323-1312 isn't the RTM.
At least it doesn't seem to be acting like it.
SOURCE: https://www.windows10forums.com/thr...-advertises-their-new-build.16576/#post-83838

I'm extremely skeptical of these mysterious "blocking bugs" that MS seems to point to whenever they have something going on that they don't want the rest of us to know about.
I've been in the Preview Program for quite a while now and all I can say is that this current version of 1803 has been severely beat about the head and shoulders and we've watched even the most insignificant of bugs being dispatched until the "Known Issues" list for this release is all but non-existent.

I agree that, "officially" we're unlikely to ever have any real facts as to what is going on. The silence is deafening and the public information with respect to any actual action is "crickets".
I'm embarrassed to suggest that anyone actually look at the public face of the insider program's twitter feed as of late.

I know that most of what we see and hear is aimed at the general consumer market, but....
I have to believe that if there is so many of we lowly end users concerned as to what might be going on, that there has to be a fair amount of business class customers who are bracing for this event that they know is coming and wonder....
WTF???

Reaction score
I'm extremely skeptical of these mysterious "blocking bugs" that MS seems to point to whenever they have something going on that they don't want the rest of us to know about.
It wouldn't surprise me, if they are having issues with permissions, just like the rest of us.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me, if they are having issues with permissions, just like the rest of us.
Thanks Cliff.
I wasn't aware of any such problems.
Does it involve the installation of the latest insider build?
OR
Something that happens with access to files and or folders after installation?
OR
Is it something involving the recent Cumulative Update since last update Tuesday?

Sorry but I've been busy lately and haven't been paying as much attention to what's going on as I probably should be.
I may have missed that memo.

Reaction score
its not good decision by MS, what about the users who have a clean install of this Shit

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
TBD
There are a few out there I'm sure.
It may be that they are just upgraded to the final RTM when it becomes available (just like most of the rest of the world)....
OR
They may have to acquire the installation media (ISO) when it becomes available and perform an in-place upgrade themselves manually or ...... another clean install.

Reaction score
As you may already know , Windows 10 Redstone 4 Build 17133 was highly expected to be the final release for version 1803 after it rolled out to Insiders on the Fast, Slow, and Release Preview rings in a short period of time. However, Microsoft had discovered a bug and the release was postponed. Instead, a new build, Windows 10 Build 17134, was released to Fast ring insiders. Unfortunately, there is a new bug in the OS which can delay its release again.

Reaction score
Zac (the author of the article) is another, like many other I (and I guess most of you guys?) read. And, like the others, refers to the mysterious "my sources". I generally have a look at as many rumours as possible and make an , often futile, attempt at my own analysis.
As I stated in the other overlong thread, the best rumour I have read is that the manufactures were unhappy with the name "Spring" - meaningless to, for example, Australians.

Bottom line is the prenamed RTM is no longer, so we wait again.

LOL. Sorry to reopen this boring thread, but, as from today, the name change rumour is real:

https://www.windowslatest.com/2018/...pril-update-could-be-the-name-of-next-update/

Reaction score
With only a few days left in April, we certainly don't want to call it May Update. That would imply there is a possibility it could instead be a May Not Update. But then the last update wouldn't update, so a May Update would be an update improvement.

Reaction score
LOL!!!!
It would be ridiculous, however, to give it a more detailed name, such as "Our latest effort to improve Windows 10, sometime around the middle of 2018,"

Ask a Question