Left click on mouse won't work

Reaction score
I used my dell desktop earlier today without issue and without adding any thing. I tried it again tonight and the left click on my Logitech wireless mouse no longer works. My first thought is that the scroll lock key was pushed, but I don't have one on my wireless keyboard. I tried pulling up the onscreen keyboard but I'm not able to choose scroll lock because the left mouse isn't clicking. I tried going into command prompt admin and running the scan that took forever with no problems found. I don't have a wired mouse but I will get one tomorrow to see if the mouse is the issue, but from other threads it seems to be a common theme with Windows 10. I tried to operate mouse functions with my keyboard but that didn't work either. What can I do to fix this annoying problem?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I assume you tried rebooting your system?
What is the exact model number of your wireless mouse? Does Logitech provide a driver for Windows 10 for that mouse?
Typically for wireless devices a transceiver that plugs into a USB port is used.
You need to check Device Manager, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers and check the properties of everything with "Hub" in the name.
Check the Power Management tab and make sure that "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is not checked.

Reaction score
When was the last time you put fresh batteries in the mouse? You don't mention but is it only the left click button not working?

Ask a Question