You don't currently have permission to access this folder

Reaction score
When I am trying to access one of my folders and trying to save a document in one of my folders, I get the error message "You don't currently have permission to access this folder". These are my folders that I have created. Why does it do this and how to I get access to my own folder?

Reaction score
Hello Kendall,
You may be facing this problem because of certain permission reasons.
You can solve this by
1. Changing settings to allowing anyone- First right click and open properties of the targeted folder. Then click on the security tab>user names>Edit. Now enter everyone before the check name button and click ok after choosing it. Now in Perisson of new folder tab click on everyone select Full control and click Apply.

2. Change the ownership of file/folder- Navigate to properties by right click on the folder. Go to the group and user name option in the security tab. Click on advance>change. Then write "Owner" in under object name and then click on the check names. Check "Replace all child subject permission" then click ok.

These 2 steps will help you in giving access to your files and folders. Try these

Reaction score
Have a read of my post here. It should solve your problem without hassle.

Reaction score
I still get this when I try to remove any folder

Attachments

• Screenshot (33).png
    Screenshot (33).png
    138 KB · Views: 149
Reaction score
There's many files and folders in the Windows folder where it really is not nice to play, could break Windows and part of the denial of access being seen. If really really needing to delete such a folder or file I find it best to boot to a Linux LiveDVD or Bootable Linux USB and delete outside of Windows, without Windows being loaded. It's just a simple issue of the OS [any] not wanting to kill itself.

Ask a Question