“Chredge” or “Edgium”

T_J

Reaction score
NEW Chromium-Edge - Clicked on Download for Windows 10 on >> Microsoft dot com/en-us/edge website. Install was in Spanish. Used MS backup and restore (Windows 7) to restore image with the OLD Edge. Guess I'll wait for Windows Update to update Edge. I have 1909.
ChromiumEdgeInstall by T J, on Flickr
ChromiumEdge by T J, on Flickr

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score

Capture.PNG

For reference: https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2020/01/15/upgrading-new-microsoft-edge-79-chromium/

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Install was in Spanish.
You're not alone
Capture1.PNG

There are reports about using the settings page, languages from left column and three dots to choose display in this language only.
Others suggest that you first have to translate the page into your preferred language before that option is available.

Reaction score
installed fine on my computor no trouble so far seems a bit better than edge when opening new pages

Reaction score
You will find a very extensive range of choices in the Advanced settings!
I have been using the "Beta" since its innovation, so no surprises for me. (I think Trouble has, also)
Not sure what users demand of a browser, but Edge does it all for me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've updated all my PCs to the latest Edge, works great. You can change the search engine to Google or whatever you like, I'm not fussy about Bing.

Reaction score
You will find a very extensive range of choices in the Advanced settings!
I have been using the "Beta" since its innovation, so no surprises for me. (I think Trouble has, also)
Not sure what users demand of a browser, but Edge does it all for me.
I see no 'advanced ' tab anywhere in the official downloaded Edge settings or tools or whatever. I can set my start up page to Google but not the new tab page.

All I want is that the default search engine is Google.ca. Everything else is fine.

Reaction score
I see no 'advanced ' tab anywhere in the official downloaded Edge settings or tools or whatever. I can set my start up page to Google but not the new tab page.

All I want is that the default search engine is Google.ca. Everything else is fine.
Ok. I am assuming the new release is identical to the latest beta - maybe not so?

T_J

Reaction score
First download try last week was in Spanish. No hablo Espanol.
Second download try was in English. I like it, seems fast.
Edge was my main browser, still is. Also have Google Chrome installed.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Yes installed on all 4 of my Win 10 Pro machines, This is good enough for me to switch from Chrome. Although I'll keep all three for now. I have not been a fan of Edge in the past but this version is good. I've been having issues with Chrome latley and Malwarebytes so Edge dosn't seem to have the issue. Setting are a bit different than Chrome but keep at it and you'll get itl I goggled up a bit to figgure out how to get my Extension installed and turned on. So far all my banks and other secure websites are happy with the new edge. I haven't found a website that dosen't work well. It probly just that I haven't gotten to one yet!

Reaction score
Chrome extensions work with the new Edge. The Gmail video extension to view email video without having to download them, works great, I'm a happy camper.

I've found 1 website it doesn't like, Mydlink, still have to use IE11 or Firefox to view my security cameras.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I notice every time I open Edge now, I get a warning in my Event viewer " event id 10016 source DistributedCOM " . It doesn't matter what site I visit, but it happens on opening. The same thing happens on all our PCs here. The usual gobbledegook specifics, and doesn't seem to be affecting use, so I am not going to pursue it but just figured I'd mention it here. I don't get it with IE11 or Firefox.

Reaction score
I installed it and had a good look in the settings menu (Alt + f > Settings), lots of things are auto-ticked, some of you may want to deactivate certain aspects of the browser!. :)

Reaction score
As said, Edge (and the new one) is my default. Since it became, recently, public, I am plagued with tabs to infinity. Has anyone found a wak to stop them - I do not wish to revert to the so- called “private” browsing

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Could you explain what that means?
It seems to indicate that upon first opening, the browser is opening multiple tabs.
Perhaps have a look under the settings options -> startup and see which option you have selected.

Capture.PNG