Admnistrative Priveleges

Reaction score
Even tho I am still administrator Windows 10 has somehow & somewhere removed privileges and says I'm denied access. I'm having problems downloading some software or making updates. Particular to Garmin GPS and NIK filters for Photoshop. Any thoughts

Reaction score
Suggestion only....... my speculation is your machine is infected.
Go to safe mode and run a full virus scan and see it catches anything. I recommend using Malwarebytes. It's one of the best, if not the best.
https://www.malwarebytes.org/products/
Pick the free edition, for now.

Virus scan is much more effective in safe mode than in normal mode.

Reaction score
Nay, not infected. I ran yesterday and today I did as u suggested. Ran Malewarebytes in Safe Mode. Still have the problem.

Reaction score
Here's some screen shots
4Windows.jpg
FirstWindow.jpg
SecondWindow.jpg
SecondWindow.jpg

Attachments

• ThirdWindows.jpg
    ThirdWindows.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 497
Reaction score
I have the same problem (or similar). All of my my files were changed to "read only" even though the individual check box is not checked. I've tried to do a blanket "all files" change to the permissions, but it says I need administrator permission to do this. From everything I see, I am logged in as the administrator. Very frustrating to say the least. When I open a file, I have to save it somewhere else in order to make any changes. I can only guess that Microsoft is anxious to go out of business with a bang.