SOLVED ‘ALL apps’ button missing from Start menu after Anniversary Edition Update

Reaction score
This week after the update of the Anniversary Edition on my Computer running Windows10 Home edition; the ‘All apps’ button is no longer an option from the Start menu button. How do I get the ‘All apps’ button as an option in the Start Menu list. Also missing is the Most Used option – I want this back also. Hope you can help me get these options back.

Reaction score
I liked the prior way to get the all apps listing also, at least initially. I think after I got used to it I could deal with it. I suppose some folks actually used the button so much they wanted the apps listing immediately available.

As far as I know there is no option to put the button back.

Reaction score
Saltgrass, what do you mean about getting used to it, how do you find your program if you don't have them listed in the All apps list? Say you want to open (as an example) audacity or moviemaker or Microsoft Excel or Office; how and where do I go to open these programs?

Reaction score
All they did was keep the all apps list open all the time so you don't need the button. The list should be the same as it was when you used to click on the all apps button.

I keep my applications on the start menu or on the Taskbar so I did not use the all apps button unless something was not showing otherwise.

If you have some app, like Excel, which is not listed search for the app and add it to the start menu.

Edit: Are you running the Desktop or Tablet mode?

Reaction score
Saltgrass, thank you and now that I read your explanation and took a deep breath, I now see all the programs listed even thought they are in a slightly different location on the Start menu. Yes I guess it does make sense to have the programs come up automatically without having to click on the All Apps button. I guess my eyes were accustomed to seeing the list in the original location and I when I didn't see the list I though something was wrong.

Reaction score
nownthen As an alternative Try typing "audacity, or movie maker, Microsoft Excel, Office" into the search box, it saves all that scrolling.

To access frequent folders and recent files open the control panel >File Explorer Options > General Tab > Privacy and place check marks in the "Show recently used files in Quick access" and "Show recently used folders in quick access boxes. You can access the recent files and folders by opening "File Explorer" and clicking on "Quick Access" at the very top of Explorer.

http://www.howtogeek.com/236711/how-to-turn-off-recent-items-and-frequent-places-in-windows-10/

Last edited:
Reaction score
You can also get the "Most used" apps back through Settings - Personalisation - start ., tick the needed options.