anvir/taskfree and PUA:Win32/IObit

Reaction score
I've been using the anvir tool for years with no problem. In last 6 mos. or so Windows Defender reports a threat labeled PUA:Win32/IObit and removes anvir. Anyone know what gives here? Any attempt to reinstall anvir produces same threat warning. Is anvir.exe safe to use? How to rid myself of the PUA:Win32/IObit thingy?
Denis

Reaction score
this may help:

it may be a false positive from Windows Defender. You can submit this file for further analysis but for the step to be succesful, you may have to disable Windows Defender temporary.

Submitting a file manually:
Open Windows Defender and go to Virus and threat protection:

2021-06-04_204629.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. However I do not have access to the window you show (Open Windows Defender and go to Virus and threat protection:). I get the left side (Home thru Family Options, but a completely different right side. I think it is due to Malaware Bytes being turned on in trial premium mode. With current setup (MB premium "on") I can now download anvir.exe with no problem. So I suspect WD is inactive or something.
In any event I will wait for a couple of weeks and come back to this issue. Will leave this posting sit for that time. I appreciate your effort, thanks again.
Denis