Bluetooth headset must be disconnected or turned off and on in settings before playing audio.

Reaction score
Now bluetooth is randomly losing connection for a second each time. I am so god damned annoyed right now.

Reaction score
Alright so after looking in the Bluetooth settings of Control Panel, I can see that when I turn on the headphones, the status seen for the headphones goes back and forth between "Paired" and "Setting up Device." I believe this is causing the Bluetooth to not connect and audio to not be played, until I disable and reenable the device in Bluetooth settings.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It appears the headset is already paired to another (phone /game...?) device. Disabling the headset uncouples it then Bluetooth pairs it to the headset for audio.
It's like a phone paired to your car hands free Bluetooth, as soon as you leave the vehicle the device will disconnect from Bluetooth. When you re enter the vehicle, it will go through the discovery and pairing process again.

See post #8 @bassfisher6522 it has a good explanation of the pairing process.

Last edited:

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
It's one of only 2 choices as to the cause: 1, the headset and 2, the dongle. The common denominator for both is the lack of a driver/software package.

If I had to put money on it, I would say it's your cheap USB Bluetooth dongle. The reviews on that are sub-par....not very good. I would look into a good quality name brand Bluetooth dongle.

BTW, is this a laptop or desktop you're using this on?

Reaction score
It's one of only 2 choices as to the cause: 1, the headset and 2, the dongle. The common denominator for both is the lack of a driver/software package.

If I had to put money on it, I would say it's your cheap USB Bluetooth dongle. The reviews on that are sub-par....not very good. I would look into a good quality name brand Bluetooth dongle.

BTW, is this a laptop or desktop you're using this on?

@Norton, I do not have any other bluetooth devices operating or paired with the headphones.

@bassfisher, I had the same thoughts, but I was just resisting spending the money on a new one. Looks like I may have to. This is a desktop.

Reaction score
Alright so now the computer has decided to not play audio through my headphones no matter what.

Reaction score
Bassfisher Said {If I had to put money on it, I would say it's your cheap USB Bluetooth dongle. The reviews on that are sub-par....not very good. I would look into a good quality name brand Bluetooth dongle} Get a new Bluetooth dongle!.

Ask a Question