Bottle Neck?

Reaction score
I have a Samsung NP-RV 515 A01US with 8gb ram and AMD-E50. Not sure if I have PAE, SSE2, and NX but 8 is on the approved list and loaded fine no errors so I guess I have those. I used Samsung Recovery Solutions 5 to go back to windows 7 on my laptop to upgrade to windows 10. My moms desktop (custom built from frys 8gb ram and 2nd gen i5 sandy 2380P) loaded windows 10 yesterday (pro version) with no issues. All is activated and is good. And on my Samsung home version not pro but is activated. I tried on my netbook Lenovo ideapad s9. It has Aton N270 and 2.5gb of ram. 2gb chip and 512 soldered on board. No luck. I will fix it and see later but for now 2 computers installed and free so not bad.

Anyhow even with windows 8 (when both had it) the netbook is so much slower. 10 is not bad and seem pretty snappy. I got the Samsung from bestbuy in 2011 so its four years old. And the netbook in late 2012 off ebay for travel vacation and stuff incase I loose it.

But it is 4 years old.

I would like to combine and get 1 compact convenient for everything unit. And touch screen would be nice. No more mouse. Possibly ebay the old computers. Then get a new one.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba...gold/4213206.p?id=1219707776192&skuId=4213206

Something like that. But it is only 4gb ram. I have 8 now. But still probably over kill for light web browsing and email. And one small blog. And even youtube probably enough.

But they say memory not user replaceable on their website and obviously void warrantee if I try.

http://www.toshiba.com/us/computers/laptops/satellite/Radius11/L15W-B1208X

So that rules out buying cheap laptops.

But lots of people say ram does not matter and my cpu is the bottle neck if I can't go fast enough in the first place.

But no matter how fast if low ram then no good. Or is the quad core in that 350 machine so much more better than e-350 it won't matter if I have only 4gb ram instead of 8.

Where is the real bottle neck? CPU or RAM? Or something else?

Reaction score
Heck my EXOPC tablet with 2gb of ram and an Atom N450, and does just fine. Not sure why it wouldn't work with your netbook.

Reaction score
Its slower. I'm just deciding weather to sell the netbook and this Samsung with e-350 on ebay or some site and get the one in the bestbuy link. If its only 4gb ram it might not be good enough. Or if its load better then the cpu does most the work and ram matters very little. Plus its 11.6 inches. This 15.6" is so huge for travel. I like the smaller one. But the netbook is not as fast. Plus you have a N450 which is much better than my N270.