Can't format SSHD

Reaction score
Reading your posts through, presumably this HD was actually being used before you decided to "bin" it?
What was its status then?
You, or another user, havn't, by chance, password locked the disk with a third party program?

Reaction score
The drive is working perfectly. My original idea, as I also have a Windows 10 laptop, was to reverse engineer the PC and go back to XP pro with it. This is simply because I have some favourite hardware (and software) that I would like to try To reuse that won’t work on 10. And I just happened to have a copy of Windows XP pro lying about.

Reaction score
Sorry. Perhaps I should have just stated that at the beginning.
You should know very well that us old gits never throw anything away! I have a couple of pieces of ancient hardware that still have their uses but don’t have ‘10’ drivers.

Reaction score
Now I am as confused as davehc. What does your old hardware have to do with you wanting to format the SSD?
If you want to use it for your XP install, I do not think that will work as XP or an older hardware (especially mainboards) won't work with it. I have an old PC ( >15 years) that I wanted to "convert" to SSD. It will not even recognize that there is a SSD connected.
On another note: a 2TB for Windows XP, if that is what you are trying to do, seems to me like overkill, no offense...
unless I miss understood something here, hence my confusion...

Ask a Question