SOLVED Conexant smartaudio HD not instaling

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm having a sound problem that I have not seen here in the forum. I have an Asus A52F laptop with Altec Lansing speakers and SRS Premium Sound (pre-installed when I bought de laptop). I had Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10, with no problems, all went smooth, but after some updates the sound controller switched from the Conexant SmartAudio HD to the generic windows High Defenition Audio Device controller, and now, when I plug-in headphones I have to manually go to the device manager and change the predefined audio device to the phones, and when unplugging do the other way around to go back to the speakers, all manual when it should be automatic, and also the SRS Premium Sound stopped working because it only assumes the Conexant SmarAudio controller.
I have already tried to install de latest Conexant Smartaudio driver, but initially windows doesn't let me, by saying that the audio driver already installed is the latest and if I try to manually install it, the computer crashes.
How can I solve this?

Thank you!
Tiago

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Your problem seems to stem from a support standpoint with regards to drivers from Asus. You laptop is only supported for windows XP, Vista and 7. Which is why your laptop is using the OS generic driver of windows 10.

For w work around, you can try downloading the 7 driver from Asus support webpage....and then right click it and install/run it in compatibility mode using windows 7.

https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/A52F/HelpDesk_Download/

This video is showing for window 8.1 but it's universal ......

Reaction score
Your problem seems to stem from a support standpoint with regards to drivers from Asus. You laptop is only supported for windows XP, Vista and 7. Which is why your laptop is using the OS generic driver of windows 10.

For w work around, you can try downloading the 7 driver from Asus support webpage....and then right click it and install/run it in compatibility mode using windows 7.

https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/A52F/HelpDesk_Download/

This video is showing for window 8.1 but it's universal ......

Thank you bassfisher6522!
I tried your work around and your solution worked very well! Now all the audio issues I've pointed seem to be solved. Once again, thank you very much!

Cheers!
Tiago

Ask a Question