decompressing zipped files stalls before completing

Reaction score
I am running Windows 10 1809 17763,292. When programmatically decompressing a zip file containing 115 items the process stalls before completing. This only happens on the computer on which the zipped file was created. If I upload the file to an internet address and then download it to another computer (with the same system) it completed the decompression without fail. However, on the original computer it stalls. I've tried everything I can think of ( including rewriting the decompression program using the C# IO.compression option but it always stalls. Any help would be appreciated

Reaction score
Don't see any information about your computer.

Windows 10 1809 17763,292
That should be a period, not comma, in your Win10 information.

Some diagnostics:
Have you tried selecting the files then Sending them to a Folder then compress in that new location followed by decompressing to see if the issue exists there?
What is the program you are using?
Have you tried different compress/decompress programs such as 7-Zip [free] or WinZip [not free]. There's others listed at www.majorgeeks.com.

Reaction score
Don't see any information about your computer.

Windows 10 1809 17763,292
That should be a period, not comma, in your Win10 information.

Some diagnostics:
Have you tried selecting the files then Sending them to a Folder then compress in that new location followed by decompressing to see if the issue exists there?
What is the program you are using?
Have you tried different compress/decompress programs such as 7-Zip [free] or WinZip [not free]. There's others listed at www.majorgeeks.com.

Thanks for your reply,

The problem I'm having is that when a zip file is decompressed programmatically (using either the native processes contained in windows .net 4.5 and higher (in system.IO.compression); or the third party compression Ionic.zip.dll ) the unzipping process stalls before completion. I need to have the process automated. Yes, I can unzip the file using any of a number of commercially available applications but that defeats the purpose.

The problem seems unrelated to the particular MB of the computer. It always happens when the unzipping is attempted on the same computer as was used in creating the zipped file and it has only occurred since the October 2018 update of Windows 10 to 1809. I've been waiting in the hope that MS would finally provide an update which would fix the problem but nothing has materialized

Ask a Question