Diskmgmt

Reaction score
I have a dual boot setup with Win 8.1 and Win 10 TP 10041
Default OS is Win 8.1 Pro.
I want to allocate additional volume from Win 8.1 partition to Win10TP partition.
How do I do that without using a 3rd party program. ( I do have MiniTool Partition Wizzard installed but not sure it can be used for this purpose.)

Here is my diskmgmt screenshot.............
C: is my Default partition.

P.S. I was told that I cannot create any more partitions because I have exceeded the limit ( or something like that ).

diskmgmt.jpg

Reaction score
D: is a logical partition, which is created within an extended volume. The extended volume counts as one of the 4 max partitions allowed. But within the extended volume, you can create many more logical partitions.

I am confused as to why there is 2 partitions that are the same size and appear to be the same content (labeled Recovery).

Reaction score
D:

I am confused as to why there is 2 partitions that are the same size and appear to be the same content (labeled Recovery).

So am I.
I admit I had been messing around with installing and uninstalling OSes.
I did a dual boot, then remove it. Then install Win 10 T as sole os. Then, reinstall Win 8.1 as sole OS. Then dual boot again.
During the process of the musical chair, I deleted the Windows.old each time.
Then, there is this 1.99 GB partition which I failed to remove.
I think I screw up the C drive pretty well.
I think I am going to do the "remove the volume" on the last Recovery drive and see if I can add the 450 MB back to the 1st Recovery .

Reaction score
By the way, let it be clear that my intention is to take say 10 GB of volume from C and allocate to D.
I need to know how.

Reaction score
You can adjust the sizes using Partition Wizard. You can also slide the recovery partition to the end, opening more space behind D.

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are asking. For what you want to do, the version of Windows is basically irrelevant.