Even after 3 reinstalls

Reaction score
Even after 3 clean installs of windows 10 on i3 3220 and all tweaking available on YouTube for making it faster like disabling services, fast boot off, tweaks for explorer to run faster, right click slow tweak, disabling default programs, turn off windows update etc the start up of my system is slower than ever also the shut down
I am a graphic designer and want my system to run smooth hence all the tweaking.
If I open explorer and firfos though it takes more than a minute to open, if I open a tab it keeps loading until it says in responsive and also hangs the explorer

The chkdsk was run and executed perfectly and iam running it now for the second time..
Sfc scan was at fault so I ran the restorehealth command and done perfectly
Pls some one look into and resolve the issue

Reaction score
Hi,

a full list of your system specs might help, the CPU has 2 cores and 4 threads so that should be okay but how much RAM do you have?, are you using an SSD of HDD?. Have you checked Task Manager > Start-up to see if you have anything that you don't need at start which is slowing your system down and using resources?.

What AV app are you using, if you have anything other than Windows Defender, I would remove it if you don't have a good amount of RAM and an SSD or M.2 drive!. ;)

1605606922837.png

Reaction score
i3 3220 all 4 cores enabled with 8 GB ram, services disabled, usually after a restart I have 62 processes on. All startups disabled.

Yesterday ran a chkdsk for the 3 rd time this week but was unable to clear the problem.

The problem is explorer hangs and hangs all other programs running, this every minute that I do something but It happens randomly and takes varied times everytime.

SFC won't start the process I don't know why in command prompt.
Earlier before disabling a load of services it ran and I did a restore health also it ran successfully.

After startup every thing is super slow...explorer opens in 20 secs and becomes responsive after more 20 secs

Firefox starts in 1 minute and takes more 2 minute to become responsive.

On a new tab it goes into not responding mode.

Every tweaking I have done was to enhance the system but some how it still is the same...I think the hard disk has issues but it says resolved after I run chkdsk

Reaction score
i3 3220 all 4 cores enabled with 8 GB ram, services disabled, usually after a restart I have 62 processes on. All startups disabled.

Yesterday ran a chkdsk for the 3 rd time this week but was unable to clear the problem.

The problem is explorer hangs and hangs all other programs running, this every minute that I do something but It happens randomly and takes varied times everytime.

SFC won't start the process I don't know why in command prompt.
Earlier before disabling a load of services it ran and I did a restore health also it ran successfully.

After startup every thing is super slow...explorer opens in 20 secs and becomes responsive after more 20 secs

Firefox starts in 1 minute and takes more 2 minute to become responsive.

On a new tab it goes into not responding mode.

Every tweaking I have done was to enhance the system but some how it still is the same...I think the hard disk has issues but it says resolved after I run chkdsk
Startup time 5-8 minutes and shut down 3 minutes

Reaction score
Reaction score
I have found after many years in using Windows OS, that the fewer third party software installed the better, to stop unnecessary malfunction of one's computer.

Reaction score
My 1 tb hard disk crashed.. The Hard disk Sentinel showed my hard disk health at 9%.
Thanks people,

Reaction score
Hi,

have you bought a new one in the meantime and is this thread solved now?, if so, please mark it as such so it helps others!. ;)