Hi Octogenarian techniphobe question ... How do I get new E mail address as I get so many scam and unwanted e mails I want to eliminate most ?

Reaction score
Plagued by constant e mails from unwanted sources even though I black list them they still turn up constantly in scam file , although I have to check it in case there is a genuine E Mail contact put there in error. I thought that if I changed my E Mail address (and then deleted present one this might solve the problem? Maybe the forum could advise

Thanks J

Reaction score
You can easily change it through your email server, either on line or their homepage.
However, it wont help!:mad::oops:
It is very much dependant on the sites you visit - that is what the cookies are all about. They record you visit and, subsequently, and if appropriate, you will begin to get spam from the cookie planter
Something we have to live with in this modern "improved" age, I'm afraid

Reaction score
Unfortunately as soon as you being to use any email address by sharing it with companies these then become available to other parties (by the company who sell them to other companies whom they feel you’d be interested in) & this can be one way scammers find your email.
Also sharing it with social media is another way.
The problem with blacklisting these people is that they often use throwaway addresses or change the address slightly so their emails get through.
I find blocking emails which contain certain words works best.

Reaction score
I find having several email addresses is the best way to limit spam in your inbox. I have personal, business, banking and subscription services emails. I also have an email I use for websites that require registration. FYI the ones where I receive the most spam are the subscription services and website registration email addresses. It's unfortunate but a way of life in the modern web. Your personal information is a commodity that is sold to anyone willing to pay for it.

Reaction score
I just use Gmail and let their spam filter deal with most of the stuff.
Other suspicious mail I look at the full headers before opening and weed out some more malicious stuff that way.
Some that gets through usually has something 'wrong' looking... a slightly off font size, a misspelling that sort of thing.

Pure advertising from a site I have visited I just ignore or maybe click the unsubscribe button.