Intruders revealed by Windows 10

Reaction score
hello,

After updating to Windows 10, I discovered a ZyXEL access device and several phones in my network, which are not mine. I found these under :View Network Computers and Devices. They come and go intermittently. However, none of these devices ever show up on my Netgear R7000 router device page. The other thing, which may be strange, is they show up under the Network Infrastructure section, not the Devices section, in Windows 10.

I got their MAC addresses and added them to my router page to block, but this does nothing and they continue to show up. I have gone to just shutting my router off, except for short periods. I contacted Netgear and even had a paid session, and they cannot figure it out. It does appear that the MAC address for the access device is fake.

I am a novice and this is beyond my abilities. Would appreciate any ideas, advice, suggestions on how I can removes these guys.
My router is one year old and has always been encrypted since new. I have no idea how long this has been going on. I am debating throwing the router away and starting over.

Thanks for your assistance.

Reaction score
It could be you are sensing a nearby wireless device, but that doesn't mean there is an actual connection made.

Ask a Question