invited Outsider uploading to OneDrive

Reaction score
I am using OneDrive to receive invited choristers' mp4 video files. One man is asked to sign in to OneDrive. He has been sent a link by email and should be able to just click the link and then upload his file. The "Anyone with the link can edit" is active. What causes this one person to be required to register?

Reaction score
It would seem to me that a recipient of my invitation sent by email and containing the copied share code gives my colleague the authority to upload his file to my OneDrive. He should not be required to stand on his head or sign in as a MS member.
Thank you Wolfie for responding. I will continue to wade through the realms of literature, most of which do not touch the question.

Reaction score
sign in as a MS member
Hi PD,

MS keep pushing more & more for people to use an MS account at sign in, this might be one of the prerequisites of using that particular service???. :(

Please keep us posted if you find a solution so it helps others. ;)

Reaction score
I agree with you that MS seems to be trying for global control. Sometimes we have to stand up to this kind of control. Thank you for your interest.

Reaction score
Maybe one of the other forum members has an idea, but I think it is a case of what I mentioned earlier about it being a prerequisite?. :cool: