IR eHome deive driver missing

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been running my HTPC on windows 10 (current version 2004) for a number of years and it has worked fine. However, yesterday my Logitech remote ceased working. I did the usual things , switch off switch on etc.

When I opened my Device Manager i noticed that the eHome device is missing.
The usbcir.sys file exists under %WinDir%\System32\drivers\usbcir.sys.
A check of the event logs show NO errors.

This link http://batcmd.com/windows/10/services/usbcir/

States that if usbcir fails to start it should throw an error.
I have no errors.
i ran the batch file RestoreEHomeInfraredReceiverUSBCIRWindows10.bat from this site but no luck even after a reboot.

Not sure if this is a service or not. I couldn't find a eHome service running on my machine.

Does anyone know why this device is no longer available or showing up under the device manager ?
How can i re-install it ?

Erick

Reaction score
The correct driver for eHome is still there on my machine it just doesn't appear to be installed. Otherwise it would show in the device manager. The site you linked to has software for Logitech receivers. I do not own a IR Logitech receiver. My HTPC is running a Inteset IR receiver which uses the Mirosoft eHome driver software. Perhaps my receiver has died so the driver no longer loads. I will pop the case open today and have a look. My entire Human Interface Devices section on my device manager is missing.

I will also down load some software from Logitech. do see if this fixes the issue.
Thanks for the information

Reaction score
Hi,

I assume you have looked in Settings > Devices > Add Bluetooth or other device?. :)

1608967141589.png