SOLVED KB4051963

Reaction score
Downloading Cumulative update now
2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for amd64-based Systems (KB4051963)
+ Daily Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.257.1200.0)

Bif

Reaction score
Done and rebooted, quick and seemingly painless so far. Any issues at your end Norton?
Although I did notice that once desktop loaded, all of the taskbar icons were gone and it took roughly 5 minutes for them to repopulate.

Reaction score
Bif a couple of issues.
The download and install was fast. On reboot, a message popped up in the top right corner "Can't personalize desktop" when the boot was complete, the desktop was, and appears to be OK.
I lost my beloved weather and calculator apps and for some reason I can't repair/reinstall them from the store. Both apps will download, but never complete, the install process. They just hang on the install and never actually complet the install process? No big deal, I can live without those apps for now.

Bif

Reaction score
It wouldn't be a cumulative update without something disappearing or stop working etc... just hope I see the day that an update doesn't break something!..

Reaction score
It wouldn't be a cumulative update without something disappearing or stop working etc... just hope I see the day that an update doesn't break something!..
you mean like Apple does at the moment with their IOS?? do not think that will happen with Windows. If so, the Insiders did not do a good job.... ;):):):):)
they are, after all, the testers MS won't employ....

BTW: its coming down on my computer as I type this...

Reaction score
Some of us with modern standby systems, of which there seem to have been no Insiders with such a system, have been waiting for a fix to stop battery drain while in the low power mode.

I am really surprised no Insiders are running a Surface system....

I am just now downloading the update so I do not yet know if this update will solve the problem.

Reaction score
Downloading the update now, if it goes wrong, I will blame you @Norton :):):):)

Edit:

Rebooted and everything seems to be fine, I have not noticed anything unusual happening so you are safe Norton!. :p:p:p

Last edited:

Bif

Reaction score
Interesting occurance,
I inadvertently deleted a music file and attempted to retrieve it again via Recuva which I've used without a single glitch for almost 20 years.... until today.
Ran a deep scan, which from the onset seemed to be taking longer than usual, then it froze everything!.. couldn't even shut it down (Recuva) from task manager, actually task manager went into "not responding" and then Recuva belched out a script error.
Did a power button force shut down and uninstalled Recuva, all is happy again.. very odd.. something with this build and incompatibility methinks.
Just thought I'd share my woes..
As you were...:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I managed to re install the Calculator app, I've given up on the MSN Weather app.
It still refuses to open after uninstalling and re install using Powershell.
It could be a store issue with the app.

Bif

Reaction score
Hopefully these are the only issues we see....
Until the next update at least.

Reaction score
Attempted repairs again using the store, no go. Submitted MS feedback, MS confirmed there's a problem with Bing apps. To circumvent the problem I opened https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather and saved to on my favs. Patience! I'll let MS take the rap until they get around to repairing the recent Bing app issues.

Reaction score
Did you guys get this through the normal Updates?
I could not fathom why I had not received it on any of my Dells.. Impatiently, I downloaded from the catalogue store.
It has just finished installing, on four computers. No problems. Calculator is still working, weather app still working.
Truth is, when I reviewed what it was supposed to fix, I had not, previously, encountered those problems

Reaction score
So far the only issue I have with Build 16299.98 on a few computers is that Microsoft has managed to break usage of their own branded Bluetooth mice and one LogiTech Bluetooth mouse that worked find in Build 16299.64. I have 3 different models of Microsoft Bluetooth mice that are recognized and show as connected but actually do nothing, no pointer movement nor click actions. I can understand [not agree with] the competing LogiTech not being supported but not with their own products. The oldest Microsoft BT mouse I have works fine on my Apple MacBook Pro running macOS High Sierra.

I do have an older Targus BT mouse that gets properly/completely set up on a couple of Notebooks.

My Win10 Notebooks are comprised of Dell, HP and ASUS brands.

If I can get Feedback Hub to open I'll also post there.

Reaction score
Bighorn If your feedback hub isn't working, there's a feedback link in the store.

T_J

Reaction score
I received this update on Nov 30. My 2012 W10 Dell desktop seems ok (upgraded free from W7 in 2016). These W10 'Windows Update' are easier and cheaper than what I went thru with my 2000 Dell desktop triple-boot (98se, 2k, & XP).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Over the last couple of days, my computer keeps trying to dowload and initialize this particular update in an endless loop, which never gets completed. Any advice?

Reaction score
Shouldn't take too long if you do as Grizzly suggests. It's only 500mbs.