Lifecam NX-6000 Cannot Install

Reaction score
I have a Lifecam NX-6000 webcam that can no longer be installed under Windows 10. The current software "LifeCam3.60.exe" (for Win7) will no longer install either under Win 10, nor under Compatibility Mode for Win7. Several months back, it was working normally under Windows 10, not any more. Thoughts of others?

Reaction score
Windows 10 should recognize the Webcam and install the drivers at least as they are also in the Windows update catalog. I have a few "older" webcams too and so far they have been installed without problems and I can use them in Skype and other apps....

Never used the original software with it

Reaction score
I have a Lifecam NX-6000 webcam that can no longer be installed under Windows 10. The current software "LifeCam3.60.exe" (for Win7) will no longer install either under Win 10, nor under Compatibility Mode for Win7. Several months back, it was working normally under Windows 10, not any more. Thoughts of others?

Actually, I do have a Logitech C910 webcam that Windows 10 also fails to see. Several months ago, both webcams were working normally under Win10, not any more, have no idea why. I've tested both webcams on my wife's iMac27 and both work normally confirming they are both serviceable

I have a caddy for two SSD drives. One is my main computer and it has Win 10 in it. The other is Win7 which I occasionally use for software testing, same computer (ASUS B85M-E motherboard). From time to time I will clone my Win10 SSD drive to a third SSD drive, as a backup. No files on the SSD drives, software only. Under the Win7 SSD drive, both webcams work normally.

Reaction score
Make sure it's enabled in (camera) settings. I've had certain settings change after updates.
I have an old MS webcam that installed with no problems. Just plug and play.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My LifeCam 3000 worked perfectly on Windows 10 Anniversary version. I have now upgraded to Windows 10 Creators version 1703 and received a message that my webcam did not migrate. I attempted to download the installation software for this device and when installing it, I received a message: "LifeCam doesn't work on this version of Windows. An updated app may be available." I now have a fully functional webcam produced by Microsoft that does not work on a Microsoft OS. Is there a possible work around to install LifeCam VX-3000?