SOLVED Magnification

Reaction score
I've found all the icons on my laptop screen page and also the whole of this particular site has suddenly grossly magnified - everything else on my laptop is still regular size. Can anyone please explain why this should happen and also how do I revert the icons etc back to normal size?

Reaction score
Check that you don't have the magnifier app enabled, it will be shown on the task bar if it's enabled, right click on it and close. Or your screen resolution requires adjusting. Click start > Settings > System > Display. Click on Advanced display settings and choose a resolution that is suitable for your Laptop screen.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It seems your screen resolution require adjusting. Click start > Settings > System > Display. Click on Advanced display settings and choose a resolution that is suitable for your Laptop screen.

Check that you don't have the magnifier app enabled, it will be shown on the task bar if it's enabled, right click on it and close. Or your screen resolution requires adjusting. Click start > Settings > System > Display. Click on Advanced display settings and choose a resolution that is suitable for your Laptop screen.

My magnifier is turned OFF. I've tried changing my screen resolution from 1600 x 900 which it was on (and is recommended) but the icons on my laptop are still enormous...uncertain what I can try next.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My magnifier is turned OFF. I've tried changing my screen resolution from 1600 x 900 which it was on (and is recommended) but the icons on my laptop are still enormous...uncertain what I can try next.

Regarding my problem above...after a third reboot it has now rectified itself. Evidently has a mind of it's own!

Ask a Question