Overall Dissapointing

Reaction score
I feel a duty to warn anyone and everyone about Windows 10. The number of issues it has are to numerous to list. I have 3 laptops and 3 desktops that all had Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I chose one laptop to experiment with Windows 10. I now hate the laptop with Win 10. Video glitches, wifi connectivity, limitations on running my companies VPN, hesitation of the keyboard, sites loading slow, and on and on. I even up graded ram to 16 gigs and the laptop runs slower than my old desktop with 4 gigs and a slower processor. Microsoft can try all they want to defend this inferior operating system. Take my word. Steer clear!!!

Reaction score
I feel a duty to say that Windows 10 has worked perfectly for me since the first week in August when I installed it. No problems here.

Bif

Reaction score
I as well have had no issues with running 10,aside from the aforementioned missing programs from the upgrade my laptop boots much faster,runs cleaner (less cycles it seams) and with downloading PotPlayer all of my videos play flawlessly regarding format.I've heard horror stories about audio/video/wireless/webcam problems but migrating from 7 Home to 10 was painless,truth be told...I was VERY surprised at the lack of issues as I was preparing for the worst as is the general rule with MS.
With this being the only Microsoft choice I thought I might as well delve head-first as in another 5 years 7 will be unsupported and this will be our only choice unless we go to Linux or Mac.
as much as it pains me to do so...two thumbs up thus far....

feverishly looking for a chunk of wood to touch!

Reaction score
I have had issues but I know MS can afford to be hardheaded and ignore feedback. So here I am toughing it out and working with my issues the best I can, cause I know MS would never grant any of my request. The Start Menu fiasco of Windows 8 and half way giving it back in Windows 10 proves that.

Oh and lets not mention this automatic updating that has "accidentally" upgraded Windows 7 & 8 machines against people's will. A little bit off topic but goes a long way in proving just how much MS doesn't care about what people really want. I'm in the process of upgrading all the machines, and currently not in any hurry. It would do nothing but piss me off, if my machines were automatically upgraded outside of my control before I was ready. It's a good thing I have automatic updating turned off on these systems. And that right there is a strike against Windows 10, cause we no longer have the option.

I have Windows 10 Professional for which I was told I could turn automatic updating off. That's Bullshit! "Notifying to schedule restart" after automatic updating is not turning automatic updating off. But then even this would be fine if a time wasn't automatically scheduled. Being able to change the time is irrelevant. It's my machine and if I don't want it restarting under any circumstance, I should be able to set it that way.