SPECCY

Reaction score
Hope this is the the right thread, the above download SPECCY gives the summary whats on your computer,OPERATING SYSTEM, CPU, ETC. and its FREE.

Reaction score
Yes it does that is a fact. If you use it there is no excuse for not filling out your system Specs.:)

Reaction score
What do you mean by "the above download"?

And yes, Speccy provide all sorts of information. It is a great program and not too long ago, they added a system tray component which is nice for keeping real-time monitoring of your temps.

Reaction score
What do you mean by "the above download"?

And yes, Speccy provide all sorts of information. It is a great program and not too long ago, they added a system tray component which is nice for keeping real-time monitoring of your temps.

I would have to say that the OP meant Speccy and forgot to include the Download URL for it..

Reaction score
My guess too. But judging from the replies, none of us need the link. We already are familiar with it.

Reaction score
Only trying to help.
No one is criticizing. It is a great program and for those not familiar with it, they should check it out because it is MUCH MORE informative than many other system information programs, including Belarc Advisor.

Belarc and Speccy really should not be compared against each other. I use both because they provide different information.

Belarc is nice if you want a small summary of your system on one page, Speccy provides in-depth detail of almost every aspect of your computer.

Speccy also provides system health information about CPU, GPU, and system temperatures, fan speeds, and voltages which Belarc does not.

So you should definitely check Speccy out, Dave (and everyone else who has not used it, and put it in your tool bag. In fact, I literally have it in my tool bag - on a USB stick I take on house calls!

HWiNFO64 is also very informative, but can be a bit "busy", IMO. Finally, there is HWMonitor from CPUID, and the similar Open Hardware Monitor is also becoming very popular too.

I have them all installed on my system, but Speccy is my favorite.

Reaction score
I have heard of it but am not familiar with it.
I prefer Belarq.

Posting the link but you probably all know of it - lol

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
I downloaded Belarc and Speccy for comparison and had a better experience with Speccy. Belarc has all the system information I could want but I have to fix the "Windows can not find iexplore.exe" problem to actually view the results. Speccy on the other hand just works out of the box. Speccy also is "slick". It has colors and a cool format. The temperature feature is a good thing too. The only negative is that temps are in Celcius. If Fahrenheit is selectable, it is not readily apparent and that selection would make the utility perfect for me.

Reaction score
but I have to fix the "Windows can not find iexplore.exe" problem to actually view the results.
That's a reported bug in W10, unfortunately - and not Belarc's fault. It was caused by Microsoft's overzealous attempt to get everyone to move to Edge.
The only negative is that temps are in Celcius. If Fahrenheit is selectable, it is not readily apparent and that selection would make the utility perfect for me.
Interesting. I have never heard that complaint before. I suspect because the industry standard for measuring and displaying computer temps is Celsius - even here in America. Fahrenheit is considered the "analog" scale while Celsius is "digital".

That said, Speccy does indeed address your desire. Click on View > Options and select "Imperial (°F)" and you are good to go.

Reaction score
One of the post 10240 Insider builds de-installed Speccy saying it was not compatible but 1.28 certainly works on 10586

Reaction score
That is what it said. I don't remember which version of Speccy it was. Nor did I check.

Reaction score
Odd. I don't remember hearing of anything being deinstalled. Uninstalled, yes.

I am guessing they just mean it was made so Windows no longer knew it was there - that is, removed (deinstalled?) from the registry.

Reaction score
Just installed Speccy (v1.28.709 (64-bit) in the latest build.
I have English as my default in the OS, and speccy gave me the temp readings in Celsius, so maybe it merely conforms with the OS default?
I haven't done a full compare, but one thing I see immediately, is there are no keys listed for anything other than the OS. I use Dells, and Belarq even shows the service tag, Speccy does not.
Otherwise, I guess it is users choice.

I do use IE as my default, so, as Belarq needs a browser for it's display, it, pops up fine on that. No idea why Edge did not. I changed the default to Edge and it popped up 100% for me?

Reaction score
the temp readings in Celsius, so maybe it merely conforms with the OS default?
Ummm, no. Windows does not have a default "unit" for displaying temperatures. Electronics is a technical/scientific field of study. We say things like kilowatt, microvolt, gigahertz, megabyte, etc. As such in this digital world of computing, we use the metric system. As I noted above, the industry standard for measuring and displaying computer temps is Celsius. So Speccy set the reading to Celsius by default, not the OS.

I haven't done a full compare, but one thing I see immediately, is there are no keys listed for anything other than the OS. I use Dells, and Belarq even shows the service tag, Speccy does not.
Otherwise, I guess it is users choice.
Again, as I noted above, they really should not be compared in that way. If you look at the home pages for each, Belarc starts out by saying Belarc builds a profile of your installed "software..." while Speccy gives detailed information about your "hardware".

I use both and would not choose one over the other. If I want a list of the software keys in one place, I fire up Belarc. If I want to see all my temps and voltages in one place, I fire up Speccy.

I recommend adding Speccy to your tool bag, along with Belarc, not in place of Belarc.

I do use IE as my default, so, as Belarq needs a browser for it's display, it, pops up fine on that. No idea why Edge did not. I changed the default to Edge and it popped up 100% for me?
I don't understand what you are saying here. If you had IE as your default, Edge should not have popped up. And when you changed your default to Edge, Edge should have popped up, and it did. In other words, it works as it is supposed to.

The bug in W10 is with IE only. When you set IE as the default browser, that setting does not always stick and you often have to set it again (typically after calling up a different browser, even if you don't set the other browser as the new default). But if you set Edge as the default browser, that sticks. It even sticks with Chrome and FF. Just not with IE.

Uninstalled, deinstalled. Tomato tomatoe. It became a dead parrot.
You are right. I just thought it is odd Microsoft would use that word. I read a lot of Microsoft documentation and have seen uninstall and deactivate, just never deinstall. No big deal.