The logic of marketing games

Reaction score
Annoying people into playing a game seems to be the way it is. When I'm playing Mah Jongg, for instance, Microsoft activates a pirates game ad on the left, right and bottom of the screen to flash, flash and flash non-stop all the time I'm playing my game. I will NEVER play the games they advertise in such an irksome way. Perhaps such invasive ways works for some people but it won't work with me and I don't think I'm alone. Hard to believe anyone is attracted to that skeleton bouncing around all over the place, but perhaps it turns someone at Microsoft on enough to keep it going.

Reaction score
Which Mahjongg are you playing?

I have installed MS mahjongg from the store, and do not get the animation? There is a couple of small squares at the bottom of the screen, advertising other games.

Reaction score
Which Mahjongg are you playing?

I have installed MS mahjongg from the store, and do not get the animation? There is a couple of small squares at the bottom of the screen, advertising other games.

I have 2 versions on file. One says "Simple Mah Jongg" and the other only says Mah Jongg.

Reaction score
Neither are associated with Microsoft. Perhaps you should clear your cookies. It might get rid of the popups.

I could be corrected, but I don,t think Microsoft retail such a game themselves-

Reaction score
Neither are associated with Microsoft. Perhaps you should clear your cookies. It might get rid of the popups.

I could be corrected, but I don,t think Microsoft retail such a game themselves-

Thanks. I used to know how to find the cookie file, but in Windows 10 I can't. Would you tell me how?

Reaction score
Depending on which browser you use, somewhere in the settings will be an option to delete the browsing history.
If you cannot find it, post back your browser, and someone will guide you.

Reaction score
Depending on which browser you use, somewhere in the settings will be an option to delete the browsing history.
If you cannot find it, post back your browser, and someone will guide you.

Thanks, I found it. What I would really like is to find my cookie file. I use Chrome.

Reaction score
In Settings (Click the three horizontal lines, top right)
Scroll down and select "Show Advanced settings"
"Privacy"
"Clear browsing history"

There are several options there, for you to choose.

Reaction score
In Settings (Click the three horizontal lines, top right)
Scroll down and select "Show Advanced settings"
"Privacy"
"Clear browsing history"

There are several options there, for you to choose.

Thank you so much!

Ask a Question