SOLVED TokenBroker

Ann

Reaction score
Am asking on behalf of a friend who has updated to W10 2004 and has been advised to delete TokenBroker or at least its contents in her AppData>local>Microsoft folder .. after asking my opinion I checked and I (version 1909) also have the folder. Googling seemed to suggest that this folder is relevant but could only find old info so am asking here … what is TokenBroker and should it ever be deleted, or the contents ever be deleted .. as you gather I am not technically minded so any information would be gratefully received

Ann

Reaction score
Token Broker is used to manage permissions for the Windows App Store. Who advised your friend to delete the folder and why? I'm assuming it regenerates itself, but not quite sure. I know there's a bug with it using a lot of CPU.

Ann

Reaction score
Token Broker is used to manage permissions for the Windows App Store. Who advised your friend to delete the folder and why? I'm assuming it regenerates itself, but not quite sure. I know there's a bug with it using a lot of CPU.

Thanks Bigfeet … that was all I could find out about it. There is an issue with WLM and the newsgroups after updating to 2004 .. seems to be those using Windows Defender Firewall, but not necessarily just those, as it is one of those problems that may/may not affect people .. part of the *fix* entails deleting the contents of the Windows Live Mail folder in AppData>local>Microsoft but it was mentioned to my friend by a MS MVP working on the problem re TokenBroker after seeing a ss of her AppData>local>Microsoft. It is not part of the *fix* but was mentioned in passing so to speak but is concerning her.

Reaction score
Hi,
I used Glary Utilities to scan my laptop, running Win10. The program suggested I delete the cache files from TokenBroker (extension: .tbres), I've never seen that kind of extension. I'm not much familiar with computer Operating Systems, I use my laptop primarily for work, that includes MS Office...., never mind that. I was planing on deleting the cache files, but after reading the previous post, I've read that fixing the problem entitles deleting the contents of the Windows Live Mail folder.
So the question, if I delete the cache files, will that also in some way affect or delete my emails, I'm using Outlook, and I have a Microsoft Live Account, I don't want to delete/loose my emails.
I'm sorry this may sound like a stupid question, but I asked a friend of mine for help, he is sort of a computer expert, and he had no clue what to do.

Thank you in advance
All the best