Troybuilt tb22 weed eater

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
For any of you that have this weed eater and find that after a few months it starts to bog down on full throttle. I found a fix and it works. It will cost you $5 to $10 for the tool (kit) but worth every penny of it.

I got mine last summer, brand new and at the end of the season it started this. So after some research (Googling) I found a plethora of complaints and the solution. So the problem turns out to be a altitude issue from the manufacturing plant. After you get the tool kit, locate the 2 idle screws on the carb, then turn the closet 1 to the engine a half turn to 3/4 of a turn counter clockwise. That's it. Fixed mine today....works flawlessly like the day I bought it.

Tool kit.....
https://www.amazon.com/FYH-Quick-Ca...7&sr=8-30&keywords=pacman+carb+adjusting+tool

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I was lucky...I got my kit last year off of Amazon for $4.99 (4 pk). So I now have 2 TB22.....1 with edge trimmer attachment and 1 with the blower attachment.

Reaction score
I have a troy build weed eater (dunno the model) that always dies after I turn it to full throttle (had it for 4 years now). Even brought it in for service twice but no joy. I since use a STIHL weed eater which I have never had any issues with, not even after a long winter. three pulls and its on....

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I have a troy build weed eater (dunno the model) that always dies after I turn it to full throttle (had it for 4 years now). Even brought it in for service twice but no joy. I since use a STIHL weed eater which I have never had any issues with, not even after a long winter. three pulls and its on....
My Husqvarna, which is what I use now does the same thing.

Bif

Reaction score
I have owned many over the years and luckily avoided most carb problems using Seafoam in the fuel.
2 cycle engines are notorious for guming up jets and ports even with properly mixed gas/oil.Just like Frank's Red hot...
Seafoam... "I put that sh** in everything"

Reaction score

Altitude Tuning
Grizzly Your Troy machine mod # is Win10. Many Weed Eaters and small cycle engines are set up by the manufactures. When they set up the carb their location is at a different altitude. Back off the idle adj screw 1/4 to 1/2 a turn and it should run like A Troy built mod # Win7

Reaction score
Sony-developing-animated-Emoji-movie.jpg