SOLVED Windows constantly trying to uninstall apps that don't exist

Reaction score
Mine were all local accounts, but the family ones really, really, wanted to be MS to work properly......also, we need to tie every account, individually, to their work/school accounts to get office etc., so in the end I just gave in and made them all MS accounts.....

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I never use my MS account as it is a pita, a local account does all I need!
Don't you have to have a MS account and be signed in, in order to finishing setting up windows and then have the account verified. You also lose some OS features. As to what those are, I haven't a clue....just what I've read.

Question: do you still get windows updates and feature updates under the local account?

Reaction score
Question: do you still get windows updates and feature updates under the local account?
Hi Bass,

I don't connect to the internet when doing an install and thus I can create a local account, if I do connect, you are forced to use an MS account with no option for a local user account. I still get all the updates and like you, have no idea what features I might/might not be missing out on?. :)

Reaction score
Don't you have to have a MS account and be signed in, in order to finishing setting up windows and then have the account verified. You also lose some OS features. As to what those are, I haven't a clue....just what I've read.

Up until the other day, I've always used a local accounts too. You don't miss out on any features, and you can still have onedrive etc.. but you log in 'per app' rather than across everything (if that makes sense).

The only difference, really, is that your desktop theme etc. won't sync between devices.......not a biggy ;-)

Reaction score
A final sign off for this thread. I've pretty much solved all the issues, not (with multiple people logging into, I'm getting a mere handful of event viewer warnings regarding apps that do exist, but are buggy......photos.exe....I'm talking about you!).

I went on a user rampage and found many remnents of HomeUser (homegroup) groups that the kids were automatically attached to as well. I cleared out all that and deleted the homeuser user account too (a hidden one) and I'm not getting the familysafety errors anymore......could be coincidence, but my windows accounts now all seem to be behaving very well :)

Pic is last hour after three of the five users had logged in and using the computer......I used to get more than 100 issues previously!

DrWig

Attachments

• 1608144075174.png
    1608144075174.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 100

Ask a Question