SOLVED Windows PowerShell keeps randomly opening (not startup related)

Reaction score
just this past week I've started experiencing weird pop ups of windows PowerShell. it was so quick that I actually couldn't even tell what app was randomly opening but I managed to find out using task manager. I normally notice it happening when I was playing a game (but it can happen when I'm not) and it would tab out my game to open PowerShell so obviously it was quite irritating. Its not in task manager start ups or task scheduler, nor is it even an app on my computer.

Around the same time my chrome would randomly close and then reopen, don't know if that's related but that's another annoying issue.

if anyone could help with either of these issues id be grateful because it started so suddenly and is reeking havoc on my life.

Reaction score
Since Chrome has also been showing an issue I'd Export any bookmarks/favorites to a .csv file then uninstall Chrome, see if both issues go away. If so do an install of Chrome then use the .csv file for the Import. An issue I ran into last week in setting up a new Notebook for a client that wanted Chrome was that it is the S mode of Windows which couldn't be changed out of due to her not having nor wanting a Microsoft Account. The Microsoft Store was the only choice to get Chrome which didn't work so I used that .csv file from her old computer to Import in Edge on the new one, seems to be fine even to putting the Bookmark/Favorite Toolbar in place.

Reaction score
This was solved by going into task scheduler > task scheduler library > chrome task, if you find there's a trigger that happens every 10 mins, go to properties .
> triggers > then deselect enable.

hope this helps others!

Ask a Question