Annoying Windows Pop up

Reaction score
Image1.jpgImage1.jpg

Any idea how to get rid of this would be appreciated. Be gentle as I'm over 80 and not so quick on the uptake.
I have run malware and virus checks but it persists.
Thanks
Shirley

Reaction score
Hi Shirley,

check first to see if you have a valid copy of Windows 10 and that it is activated. Open Control Panel > System > Windows activation and take a look at the bottom of the page and it will tell you if you have an activated copy or not.:

1584040892523.png

If you see it is activated, run Windows Defender (or your preferred anti virus app) and scan for viruses!. :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the speedy reply. I have checked and my windows prog shows as registered. (New Laptop)
I have also run my Eset and my Trojan remover and they don't show anything :(

Reaction score
Okay, deactivate Eset and then open Windows Defender and activate it, go to Scan options and select Windows defender Offline scan > Scan now and follow the prompts, you can reactivate Eset once you have done a restart!, don't forget to deactivate Windows Defender:

1584043767404.png

1584043870744.png

Reaction score
Hi Shirley,

check first to see if you have a valid copy of Windows 10 and that it is activated. Open Control Panel > System > Windows activation and take a look at the bottom of the page and it will tell you if you have an activated copy or not.:

View attachment 11386

If you see it is activated, run Windows Defender (or your preferred anti virus app) and scan for viruses!. :)
Did that and still nada. :(

Reaction score
Settings > Updates & Security > Windows Security > Open Windows Security then follow the instructions in my last post!. ;)

Reaction score
Well I managed to do what you suggested and still nothing showed.
When computer restarted there was the Bloomin' message again.
I have a feeling it's something in start up as I notice there seems to be something active for a second when I sign in.
Grateful for your help, and at least I know how to do an off line scan :)

Reaction score
Hi Shirley,

can you post a pic of your Start up apps please, use the Snipping tool (found in Windows accessories) to take a screenshot of the window in Task Manager > Start-up (right click the taskbar > Task Manager) so we can take a look and determine if it is indeed something starting with the system?. :)

1584051495097.png

Reaction score
Hi Shirley,

the only thing that might be out of place is the RoboForm Taskbar icon but I looked it up and it seems you have a password manager installed and it seems to be okay?.

If your system is activated and you are still getting the annoying pop-up, I can only assume it is a fluke message from Win 10 or a bug/virus, certainly don't try and enter your activation key by using it!.

The options you have are limited if your AV (Eset) app cannot find anything and neither can Windows Defender, this only leaves you with a couple of options.

1: Make sure you are fully up to date with the latest version of Win 10.

2: You do a full system reset which you can choose to keep your files and data but you may have to re-install some of the apps you installed including your AV app and RoboForm (among others).

I don't reallyknow what else to suggest?, maybe one of the other forum members has a suggestion for you?. :)

One final thing, if you do a reset, please make sure you make back-up copies of your photos and documents on a USB stick or other storage media as you might click the wrong button and delete everything. If you don't know how to do it, get someone to help you. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help Wolfie. I contacted Eset but they say it's a windows problem and can;t help.
I guess I shall have to live with it as I can't bring myself to do a restore as I have loads of programmes that would need reinstalling. I still can't understand why as it's a Window's "thing"they can't fix it.
Cheers :)

Reaction score
Hi Shirley,

well if you can live with it for a while, at least make sure you are running the latest version of Win 10 as that may put an end to the message if it is indeed something from Microsoft!. :)

Ask a Question