Is Windows vista still good to use?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nope.
If you continue to use Windows Vista now that support has ended, your computer will still work but it might become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses. Internet Explorer 9 is no longer supported, so if your Windows Vista PC is connected to the Internet and you use Internet Explorer 9 to surf the web, you might be exposing your PC to additional threats. Also, as more software and hardware manufacturers continue to optimize for more recent versions of Windows, you can expect to encounter more apps and devices that do not work with Windows Vista.
SOURCE: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/22882/windows-vista-end-of-support

Reaction score
I still use vista on one of my laptops.
I dont use I E and never have only Firefox i do the regular malware scans & and keep anti virus programs up to date.
Vista will be running on the laptop till it packs up.;)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
7 is better than Vista.....much much better. But both will loose support (security updates). So you'll be forced to move to Windows 10.

Reaction score
Vista does not receive security updates anymore. Very risky to run. I believe there's Vista themes for Classic Shell.

That said. I still have a PC that runs Windows 98 that I do use to run old software. Although that doesn't go online.

Reaction score
Yeah, Win Vista and WinXP have had End-of-Life loss of support, Win7 still viable until sometime in 2020, probably Win8/8.1 about the same time [haven't checked lately]. The biggest problem I've seen with Vista is getting a later version of Internet Explorer which some sites will require. Maybe third-party browsers will be needed and even then some sites won't support them, need IE. Some antivirus programs don't support it.

Reaction score
You're never 100% safe. And with that said, using an outdated operating system is not as detrimental as some would lead you to think. The biggest security risk is the user and their browsing habits.

Reaction score
I will keep W 7 on my main PCs and keep one on W 10 until they screw it up then that will be back to W 7
Hopefully W 11 will be better.
I did like W 10 but having to fix or in some cases reinstall after an update became just to much.
I like to have control of my own PC and W7 gives me that so for now i will stay as i am. ;)

Reaction score
Some say windows XP is still good to use.
Windows XP was a good O S but nowadays not much is compatible with it.
Yes you can still use it but is has many limitations now. o_O
You can still use a black & white TV but would you want to.;)

Reaction score
2017-10-03_195157.jpg
... I believe there's Vista themes for Classic Shell...
No Vista "theme"; 3 styles: Win7, Classic w/2 columns, Classic w/1 column

Ask a Question