Microsoft Accounts driving even more nuts!

Reaction score
I guarantee that no one can screw up computers like I can!

My wife and I may not be together much longer, 40 years of non-blissfull marriage is too much so she insisted that I completly remove any possible connection between hers and my collection of computers, which includes:

Refurbished HP 6305 W10 Pro, $65.00 from EBAY, I doubled the RAM to 8GB, the only one working!o_O
Refurbished HP 550 339 W10 Home, $389.00 from Newegg, now W10 Pro,12 GB RAM.

Dell 560S I bought Refurbished in 2011 now W10 Pro, 12 GB RAM.

Nuvision TM800W610L tablet, now W10 Pro, 1GB RAM (don’t laugh).

Before I decided to set them all up on a MS Account they were extremely reliable, all I wanted was to sync them together.

First dissaster was from not removing the MS Account between my HP 6305 and my wife’s HP when I opened a new MS Account, some of you will chuckle because you know what is coming, I surely had no idea! When I started the 6305 the sign-in page showed a MS Account, I signed in with the password that I set up on the account the night before, Bingo, it would not start because the password was incorrect! I thought I may have used an incorrect password, after 3 weeks of trying every password I had any record of, then gave up. I used some free password finders etc. and realized they were free only up to the point they said the free was over and now it was $XX.00. I bought one for $60.00. after about 4 days I gave up trying. Somehow through all my experimenting I realized that when I tried to log in the computer it was loading up my first MS Account which of course had a different password. I would not be writing this today if those clever MS folks had thought some ignorant old man would be using 2 Accounts, and it would be intelligent to put both accounts on the sign in sheet so the owner could have a choice.

By the way, i called Tenorshare to let them know I would like a $60.00 refund, they refused because I was honest enough to tell them about having 2 MS Accounts on the same computer.

It used to be you could click on Accounts and see what accounts were on that particular computer, as a matter of fact every time I googled “Accounts” I saw many posts from Microsoft and many Forums that gave the same instructions! I have yet to see any posts that showed how to get into accounts since all those “reliable” updates have happened. This is not the only instance where googled instructions did not match up to MS pages.Try to find “How to delete MS accounts”, of course we all know why that is.

I know everyone is tired of my trashing our beloved MICROSOFT, I am also, but then I am 85 years old with the beginning stages of Dementia.

Finally, I am locked out of 2 computers and the tablet all due to MS Accounts and not sure how to continue. I could shop around for Refurbished W10- Pro computers, it would be cheaper than paying Technicians, however, my only income is Social Security. I think my best bet would be to Clone my only working HDD to a spare, then format the rest and Clone them with it but I believe I may have problem getting them re-activated.

I have been working on this about 6 hours a day 7 days a week for the past month, so I would be extremely happy to receive specific details how to fix my mess!
Thanks, my great grandchildren will be so pleased!

Last edited:

Ask a Question