Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004

Reaction score
Got it brand new out of the box, loaded it up without issue on my Windows 10 laptop, then it refuses to launch as Microsoft has detected issues. Troubleshooting found nothing. Using the "compatibility settings" did nothing.

Can't believe W10 isn't smart enough to run this program.

Any suggestions out there?

thx

Reaction score
First of all thanks for your interest. I am not a gamer either (60 plus years old and this is the only game I own). I am very familiar with computers however.

Could not find version info on disk or jacket. Disk is dated 2003 (if that helps). Part number is x09-51947.

I have since uninstalled the game. Should I reinstall first and then upgrade? Not sure what the procedure is.

Once again thanks

Warren

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
Yes, game must be installed first, then upgrade...

I read in addition to the advice of running game as administrator on the boards here, that installing the no CD patch helped. Both are available on the website I linked you to originally.

I've read about Net framework requirements that maybe missing, if Windows 10 doesn't prompt you to install such requirements, please look at the cover and see, and manually install the required Net Framework.

So you have quite a little amount to keep you busy trying things.

Failing that, no ideas personally. Some people reported game working with the update + no cd patch.

Reaction score
Will reinstall and then visit site.

Will definitely let you know the outcome.

Have a great day sir.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
You also. When you pull Voyager to the delta quadrant say hello to Cap. Janeway ;)

Reaction score

Ask a Question