Reaction score
I now have it.
IT failed the first time and I had to go back to a restore point. Update said that something else was updating and nothing was.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
My two installs went fine, but.....
It hosed the "Weather" app on both and on one it zapped the "Groove Music" app.
I just used power shell to completely uninstall them and went to the store and re-installed.
All seems fine for now.

Reaction score
Failed once with an error then redid it and it got to 21% updates then BSOD'd and I could not boot. I had to use the Macrium Reflect Rescue Disk. With out that I would be without a PC. Are not these builds supposed to get better and with a faster install?? 3 hours is not what I call fast. Only thing I see changed is Edge.

Reaction score
The weather app does not work for me either. I removed most of the apps. As far as Edge goes , I have zero use for it and all of the changes to it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I see the new version number has had a boost.....
Current 1703 from 1607. That might suggest that they expect it to be OEM suitable and sign-off 2017/03 (March).
All I can say is that they need to get their ducks in a row if they intend to sign-off on this "Creators Update" this month into the waiting hands of the "Insiders" for a GA (General Availability) release by April 11th (one month from tomorrow.
AND
I know I'm preaching to the choir but .....
Backup Backup Backup, and Image Image Image.
Tell your relatives, neighbors, friends, frenemies, casual acquaintances and anonymous people on the street.
IF history is any example, we'll likely be hearing a lot of "my dog ate my homework" when this thing hits the street.
Won't boot, spinning circles, black screen, black screen with cursor, Blue / Green Screen of Death, the update fried my computer
AND
No backups, no images, no restore points, no boot media, no recovery drive and so on and so forth.

Reaction score
I updated about noon CST but went to sleep while it was installing. No problem except slow. Seems to respond a little better than previous builds. I suspect install needs error free hard drive. I keep my drives in great condition

Reaction score
I see the new version number has had a boost.....
Current 1703 from 1607. That might suggest that they expect it to be OEM suitable and sign-off 2017/03 (March).
All I can say is that they need to get their ducks in a row if they intend to sign-off on this "Creators Update" this month into the waiting hands of the "Insiders" for a GA (General Availability) release by April 11th (one month from tomorrow.
AND
I know I'm preaching to the choir but .....
Backup Backup Backup, and Image Image Image.
Tell your relatives, neighbors, friends, frenemies, casual acquaintances and anonymous people on the street.
IF history is any example, we'll likely be hearing a lot of "my dog ate my homework" when this thing hits the street.
Won't boot, spinning circles, black screen, black screen with cursor, Blue / Green Screen of Death, the update fried my computer
AND
No backups, no images, no restore points, no boot media, no recovery drive and so on and so forth.
I do a daily image using Macrium. It is the best imaging software out there, in my opinion.

Reaction score
Weekly backups (images) here and always one before Update day using Acronis True Image 2011. Has never let me down...

Currently downloading 15055 on my test system, its coming slow but its coming......

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
What do these do?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4013429/windows-10-update-kb4013429

The other one..... I'm not too sure about. Not much information about it that I can find.
Something about addressing Servicing Stack issues, but most reference I can find regarding KB4013418, seem to actually blow straight to KB4013429

With the reference to "Servicing Stack" perhaps you needed 3418 to get 3429, I really don't know.
OR
In the interest of starting a new conspiracy theory.....
Perhaps it is secretly getting your machine prep'd for the Creators Edition updated coming to a computer near you, sometime next month

Last edited:
Reaction score

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
never mind...I see that this is for the insider stuff. I was referring to today's MS updates.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Mine took a little longer than expected.
Capture.PNG

AND a build bump. Maybe the last one before we graduate to 1703.