SOLVED Adblocker

Reaction score
Despite previously uninstalling Adblock, Adblock Plus, Adguard and Ghostery, I visit a local newspaper site which always blocks off half the page by asking me to remove my adblocker. I am using Chrome and looked in Extensions but cannot see any adblocker extension there. I have Kaspersky Internet Security. Any ideas how I can remove this annoying banner?

Regedit32

Reaction score
You may have already thought to do this, but just in case:
  • Open Chrome browser
  • Click the More Menu icon top right of browser
  • Select Settings
  • On the left side, expand Advanced
  • Select Privacy and security
  • On right side click Site Settings
  • Now on right side open and check these two items, as to whether they are on or off, or your site is listed there:
    • Pop-ups and redirects
    • Ads
If either of those items are enabled, that may be why your news site is alerting you. Likewise, if your news site is listed in either of these items, then removing it from the list ought to resolve your issue.

Also, when you view the Ads section, there is an Allow sector. If you add your news site's web address there, that may help too.

Only other thing that springs to mind, is to verify you have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Regedit32

Ask a Question