Aggravating vibration creates involuntary action

Reaction score
If any one has seen or experienced this before, please help!
I am using a Dell laptop with Windows 10 installed, and a Microsoft mouse.
Periodically, the mouse will *vibrate* in my hand. If a web browser is open, the previous page will automatically be displayed. If multiple tabs are open, the focus will shift to the previous tab. If there are controls on the page, sometimes a control will be selected (e.g. a 'mouse click') without me actually clicking the mouse.

This occurs randomly, and without warning. It is extremely frustrating, and has already caused some distress.

I would like to know the cause, and (of course), the cure... if any of you folks have seen this.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
Now I never heard of haptic feedback on mouse of all peripherals. How is that any good for precision even in gaming and so on, at least you can turn it off. :)

Reaction score
This response cured the haptic feedback... but unfortunately did not cure the problem. I no longer feel the mouse vibrate, but my web browsers will still switch pages, and I will get unwanted selections from my mouse WITHOUT me pressing a button.
To turn OFF the vibration feedback:
  • Go to Settings > Devices > Mouse and Touchpad > Additional Mouse Options
  • Select tab for Mouse and Keyboard Center
  • Click on <Click here to change Microsoft Mouse settings>
    MouseBasicSettings.JPG
  • Click on Touch Settings
  • MouseVibrationSound.JPG
  • Click on slide control to add/remove vibration and sound.
This removed the vibration, but my problem persists.
  • MouseBasicSettings.JPG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
This removed the vibration, but my problem persists.
You'll probably need to look more closely at other options or advanced options and experiment by turning them off and on.
I'd start with the swipe settings.
It's sort of a unique almost rare mouse and I don't expect generally for a lot of forum users to have access to that specific device for testing and duplicating possible scenarios.
IS it possible that they have a dedicated forum or even a support site where you might find more exacting information.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
@Norton I think hes solved the haptic feedback issue, I think the remaining issue is
If a web browser is open, the previous page will automatically be displayed. If multiple tabs are open, the focus will shift to the previous tab. If there are controls on the page, sometimes a control will be selected (e.g. a 'mouse click') without me actually clicking the mouse.

No idea really myself. I always disliked when simple peripherals tried to do something weird and I wouldn't buy any such mice anywho. But my opinion doesnt help this remaining issue ;)

It could be some setting like @Trouble said.

Maybe turn every special ability of this mouse off would do it?

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
Wireless mouse is it? I dislike wireless keyboards and mice because they never worked better than the wired counterparts (and now that I got that off my chest) ;). So maybe worth trying a wired mouse just to rule out other possibilities.

Reaction score
Just if you are still wanting an answer to this, the pictures of the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard app was mostly right. Its not the vibration thats doing it, its actually the settings for the windows button on the mouse. roll over the "swipe up" and "swipe down" selections, and turn them off. This is what I found was my issue. I left my vibration on and turned the other 2 functions off, and found that if I gently brushed my finger up or down the Windows button, it would vibrate the same way, but now it doesn't go back a page anymore.

Reaction score
If you are still having this issue - solution.

1. Download the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center software.
  2. go to mouse basic settings
  3. click on 'swipe down' settings tab

from there you have fully customizable options - your browser is going back because when you touch the mouse you're brushing the blue touch sensitive button and it is set to browser back (default) I had the same issue until I changed the setting now all is a-ok.

Reaction score
The mouse pictured looks exactly like my Microsoft Sculpt Bluetooth mouse.

Reaction score
Turn off the mouse (if it is wireless)
With a flat screw remove the blue button, don't worry it will not break, you can attach it back on.
You can ripoff the sensor and nothing else will be affected
Push the blue window button to re-attach it
Turn on the mouse
Enjoy life!

Reaction score
Turn off the mouse (if it is wireless)
With a flat screw remove the blue button, don't worry it will not break, you can attach it back on.
You can ripoff the sensor and nothing else will be affected
Push the blue window button to re-attach it
Turn on the mouse
Enjoy life!

Did this and YAY no more vibrations :) BUT!!! My roller scroller no longer works :(