SOLVED Barber limiting browers

Reaction score
My barber has an online scheduling service. They have a message that as of the first of the year, they will no longer support IE but will support Safari, Chrome or Firefox.

No mention of Edge but maybe that will work as a Chrome substitute .. I have been to one website which showed me using Chrome when using Edge. I suppose I will find out next month when I schedule again.

Reaction score
Dell just stopped supporting IE on the first of the year on their community sites. It still appears to work on their product sites..

Reaction score
Hi Saltgrass.
I was a llttle taken aback with your comment, bein w strong Dell user.
What do you mean by "no longer supported"..
I flicked through a few Dell sites, all seemed to function Ok in IE??

Reaction score
It is just the community sites. For several days all the threads had been locked. I saw a yellow banner on top of the page saying IE was no longer supported.

The other parts of the site seem to be OK with IE. I have put my systems on Firefox .. I do not like Edge... plus it seems to increase battery drain while in a Modern Standby low power mode, whether it is open or not. When I ended the task in Task Manager, the battery drain returned to normal.

Thanks for the response..

Reaction score
Just go on the Dell community support site. I normally sign in but you may get the notice anyway. I haven't tried since the initial problem.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Me either and I use I.E. almost exclusively.
Although I'm not surprised as I'm sure I've seen the "Unsupported Browser" banner on other websites in the recent past.

Reaction score
I haven't personally encountered the problem. But, I was more concerned about this

"Dell just stopped supporting IE on the first of the year on their community sites"

Can anyone give me a link, or anything, which refers to it.?

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not sure that it was any type of public announcement.
I assumed that someone saw it when visiting the site(s) using IE
Maybe a banner ad announcement or something similar.

I visited a couple of their community sites today using IE and didn't receive any such notification, so....
Perhaps they've backed off of the decision for now.

Reaction score
Dell is not the only site I see this on. It may support some functions but you might run into some which do not work correctly. Perhaps a menu will not display correctly or you can click on some buttons. I suppose it about the same as when they stop supporting an OS. Some things will continue to work where others may start failing.

The site linked by davehc mentions "Older" browsers, which might mean a previous version of IE but the notice got was specifically for IE and it was some type of message on the page.

I have gone to Firefox and will use that. If a new Edge comes out I might check it but it allows extra battery drain on my Modern Standby system.