befuddled

Reaction score
I've had a very bizarre occurence. I upgraded to Windows 10 a few months back and never had any issues booting my computer and accessing Windows. But suddenly, just a few days ago, each time I have booted my computer it goes to a screensaver. Then, when I want to enter Windows, I am asked to enter a password. However, the account that comes up on my screen is an email address that belongs to my ex-girlfriend (whose information i never entered as my Windows account) and i am supposed to enter in her password, which i obviously don't know. I contacted her about it and she said that was an email address she hasn't used for years and she forgot the password. This never happened when i booted my computer until only a few days ago, and now i am suddenly locked out of my computer without knowing how to get back in. How could my Windows 10 think my ex-girlfriend's old email address belongs to me? My hard drive is only a few months old, too, so i don't know how my Windows 10 could do this.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
i don't know how my Windows 10 could do this.
IDK either, but you're not the first person who has posted with a similar issue.
All I can suggest is....
Look around the sign-in screen, see if you see any link that is worded something similar to " I'm not....." or "Not me".
Additionally, look near the bottom left and see if there are any other accounts listed that you can select from.