Bookmark icons disappeared in Chrome

Reaction score
Open task manager and stop Chrome and all of it's processes, restart and see if the browser rectifies the default book marks.
Have you attempted to fix corrupt files? At the command prompt (run as Admin) type "scf /scannow" it will identify and attempt to repair any corrupt files found.

Reaction score
Open task manager and stop Chrome and all of it's processes, restart and see if the browser rectifies the default book marks.
Have you attempted to fix corrupt files? At the command prompt (run as Admin) type "scf /scannow" it will identify and attempt to repair any corrupt files found.

I have attempted and am doing so right now.

Reaction score
Mike: Just a thought. Have you tried to access your Chrome account using another PC. If your bookmarks where synced they may be still there for viewing?
You may want to try uninstalling/reinstalling Chrome

Reaction score
Mike: Just a thought. Have you tried to access your Chrome account using another PC. If your bookmarks where synced they may be still there for viewing?
You may want to try uninstalling/reinstalling Chrome

My name is not Mike. And I have a phone, but not another PC.

Reaction score
Hi Mikaela,

a bit drastic but could you remove Google Chrome and then re-install it?, that might solve the problem for you?, you may have to go through the setting up process again though?. :)

Bif

Reaction score
So this is interesting. The icons are showing up in Google Chrome Beta, but not Chrome and Canary.
Sounds like there's something doing the funky chicken within your Chrome installation, if they are showing fine in the Beta version then I think I would uninstall Chrome and use the clean up tool I suggested earlier and reinstall.
That is if you truly need the favicons that badly, or simple use the Beta version..mine come and go in Firefox, kinda bugged me for awhile then never noticed.

Reaction score
Sounds like there's something doing the funky chicken within your Chrome installation, if they are showing fine in the Beta version then I think I would uninstall Chrome and use the clean up tool I suggested earlier and reinstall.
That is if you truly need the favicons that badly, or simple use the Beta version..mine come and go in Firefox, kinda bugged me for awhile then never noticed.

What cleanup tool?

Bif

Reaction score
Michaela, I have no idea at this point as it makes no sense as to why Beta is showing them but regular Chrome is not.
By default Chrome is set to auto sync "everything" which would undoubtedly include all the bookmarks, so unless you purposely disabled sync ( which I'm positive you didn't ) I'm at a complete loss for an explanation unfortunately.
I will defer to others on here for more insight and suggestions... Sorry I couldn't help out!

Reaction score
Michaela, I have no idea at this point as it makes no sense as to why Beta is showing them but regular Chrome is not.
By default Chrome is set to auto sync "everything" which would undoubtedly include all the bookmarks, so unless you purposely disabled sync ( which I'm positive you didn't ) I'm at a complete loss for an explanation unfortunately.
I will defer to others on here for more insight and suggestions... Sorry I couldn't help out!

It’s fine. And my name is Mikaela by the way.

Ask a Question