Bookmark icons disappeared in Chrome

Reaction score
Starting today, my bookmark icons all disappeared and are instead replaced by blank pages. Don't know what exactly happened, but my browser froze up and when I went to reopen it, all of the favicons were gone.

Now all that remains is the name. Please help me.

Reaction score
I don't use Chrome. Having said that, the favicons are provided/stored on the Website. You may need to empty Chrome's cache.

Bif

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, I've been doing a bit of digging and found some old threads as well as more recent threads on this very problem.
The general consensus was to sign out of Chrome, close Chrome and reboot the pc and open Chrome.. and the favicons reappear. As I've never done this first hand I cannot guarantee anything, but it's worth a go.
As well it may be a corrupt user profile.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, I've been doing a bit of digging and found some old threads as well as more recent threads on this very problem.
The general consensus was to sign out of Chrome, close Chrome and reboot the pc and open Chrome.. and the favicons reappear. As I've never done this first hand I cannot guarantee anything, but it's worth a go.

I'll give that a try also. But where do I sign out from?

Reaction score

I will not be surprised if it's that. But how do you know that though?

Reaction score

Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi Mikaela,

did you clean Windows cache recently?, that would most likely wipe out any temp images in the cache temp files?. :)

Bif

Reaction score
But I do not want my Google account being deleted.
Let's try something not so extreme, run the Chrome clean up tool which will identify any potential extensions causing issues..I know with FF many of the extensions available often have adverse effects on the browser.
Again these are all guesses on my part as I only run Chrome on my mobile devices.
www.google.com/chrome/cleanup

Ask a Question