Folder color in the Bookmark

Reaction score
Is there any application to change folder color in the bookmark? I use Windows 10.

2018-02-04_11-06-14.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I mostly use Firefox and the links in the Bookmarks and Bookmarks Toolbar take on the favicon.ico that is on a particular Web site.

favicons.png

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I mostly use Firefox and the links in the Bookmarks and Bookmarks Toolbar take on the favicon.ico that is on a particular Web site.

View attachment 8011
Yes...I saw that to...but doesn't work for the actual folder, which is what the OP is asking.

I'm really surprised that no one has come up with that as an extension for the browser industry.....folder color changes.

For that matter, I wish MS would allow user to change icon pictures in "devices and printers" window which is part of the old control panel. Since they're moving to the new App style.....they probably never will.

Reaction score
Maybe it's because the browser can't write directly to the computer's drive? Installing of a printer gives an icon that appears to be a profile image of the printer, maybe that's done by the printer's programmers?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
icon that appears to be a profile image of the printer, maybe that's done by the printer's programmers?
Yes...got that...but it's just a generic icon....I would like to change all those icons in there from MS generic looking icon to the actual icon for all hardware. Simply and easily....I know you can but the process is long and drawn out with in windows.

Reaction score
The icons for my 2 printers are pretty specific, correctly represent them.
Printers.png

Reaction score
It should also be showing the printer itself, same icon as for the white FAX function. [I've set up a couple of those plus a bunch others over the years.]

Ask a Question