Can't get Chrome bookmarks to Edge Favorites

Reaction score
I followed all instructions to import Chrome bookmarks into Edge, unsuccessfully! Dialogue box says it's done but, they aren't in the favorites folder or anywhere else I can find.Tried this 3 times & now I have 3 entries like this; "imported from Internet explorer", "ditto (2)", "ditto (3)". Nothing about Chrome bookmarks.
1. Is there a way get rid of those 3 entries from favorites settings?
2. Is there another way to get Chrome bookmarks into Edge favorites folder?
3. How do I get the Edge favorites folder to show up in the favorites bar?
Thanks, braindead 1oldguy!

Reaction score
open the folder "imported from chrome" then you will see all your bookmarks. To get them in the favorites folder you have to move them one by one (a bit tedious I know) but it works. I just did it....

to delete those entries right click on it and choose [delete].

Hope this helps...

Reaction score
When you import Favorites, they don't go o your Favorites Bar. They just create a folder called 'Imported from Internet Explorer or whatever browser you imported them from. You have to move them from that folder to your Favorites Bar folder and they will show up there.

Reaction score
I know Microsoft are trying hard to keep Edge fast, but I do miss having an editor for favorites. For most of us these days, being able to cut, copy, paste and move favorite links and folders has become as important as being able to do the same with files and folders on hard drives with Explorer.

Ask a Question