Can't upload photos to Ebay in Chrome but works from IE

Reaction score
Hello, I hope someone can help me. I list on Ebay and I have never had problems uploading photos from my laptop in Chrome, which I prefer. But something has gone wrong and now i can no longer do so, but I still can when I use IE. Does anyone know why?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Terenne,

Have you tried clearing your Google Chrome browser cache?

Also, have to checked that there are no pop-up tools activated which would block the eBay uploader tool.

Reaction score
Hi Terenne,

Have you tried clearing your Google Chrome browser cache?

Hello and thank you very much for trying to help. Unfortunately I have tried clearing the browser cache (thank you for the suggestion) and checked the pop up ad blocker but I'm still getting NaN% when I try to upload pictures.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Does your Chrome browser have JavaScript enabled?

Open Chrome browser and type chrome://settings/content in address bar then press Enter key

Reaction score
Does your Chrome browser have JavaScript enabled?

Open Chrome browser and type chrome://settings/content in address bar then press Enter key
Thank you for your suggestion. I have just checked and I do have JavaScript enabled.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Have you added any extensions to Chrome that may be blocked by Windows Firewall, or themselves may block file transfers?

You may more simply need to uninstall Chrome, then re-install it, as troubleshooting such a rare error message could prove timely.

To receive a Not a Number error is odd in itself, making me wonder whether the binary encoding of the transferred file becomes corrupted; but given you mention you can upload with Internet Explorer fine, does seem to suggest its uniquely a Google Chrome problem.

By the way did you think to check via eBay's own forums about this issue? Perhaps one of their technicians will be aware of some new bug. Mind you, if you are not using their Photo Uploader they may not support you.

Reaction score
Hello, I hope someone can help me. I list on Ebay and I have never had problems uploading photos from my laptop in Chrome, which I prefer. But something has gone wrong and now i can no longer do so, but I still can when I use IE. Does anyone know why?
Can you tell us what happens when you try to upload? Do you get an error message?

Ask a Question