Can't upload without phone connected...

Reaction score
When I try to upload a photo or video to Twitter, Facebook, an email, etc... I get a yellow exclamation point and the message :("windows phone" at the top) "The device has either stopped working or been disconnected." After closing the alert 2 or 3 times it kicks me opens "System 32". When I plug in my phone and my computer recognizes it, I can upload normally. I included pics of the messages I am getting. Have no idea what I did or how correct it. Help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    16.3 KB · Views: 540
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    69.6 KB · Views: 486
Reaction score
Just to be sure: from where do you try to upload to social media (your PC or your phone)?

Reaction score
From my computer. For some reason it won't let me access the files on my computer unless my phone is plugged in.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you tried, disconnecting the phone and then rebooting your computer, without the phone attached?
IF you then open the "Photos" app, select a single image and use the "Share" icon on the top and choose Mail or Twitter, does it work properly?

Reaction score
I just sent myself a photo thru email by going thru the photo app instead of attaching it to the email. So that works. I guess I am semi functional.

Ask a Question