!! Brtoke it.

Reaction score
I have a MSI 17" Leopard I7 16 GB ram gaming laptop, It came with Windows 10 Home but I don't play gamees.
I installed Windows 10 Pro on it eary on. and have used it for years and like it. A few days ago I got a
little Dell Latitude with 10 Pro. I let it update to Windows 11 Pro and shorty after the MSI Laptop got some
strange files on it so I thin the Dell Replacated some file from it to the MSI. I use Nova Backup and do
monthly Images then weekly full , then daily differentialevery other day. In have restoreed several Images and
it boots I put in my Pin and it rolls thru and goes right back to the splash screen.I need to totaly erase the
500GB SSD because when I try to inatall pro from my usb it refuses to go in and it says that the drive is NTFS
and needs to be formatted Fat 32. Something is so corupted that I need to blow the whole drive away and start over.
Problem is I can find any way to do it even in safe mode. How about so help please.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I try to inatall pro from my usb it refuses to go in and it says that the drive is NTFS
and needs to be formatted Fat 32.
That's probably because it is formatted as NTFS and the new system is looking for a Fat32 boot source.
That's part and parcel of the new system which is very likely UEFI with the accompanying accoutrements (GPT, Secure Boot, etc.,)
Not sure if you have your sites on Win10 or Win11 but you should be able to use the media creation tool from here
OR

To generate some bootable media that should get you over the hump.
IF
Your goal is a custom clean install then you can clean up the problem disk / drive from within the installation interface by deleting existing partitions and install into the unallocated space
OR
You can launch a command prompt early in the installation by holding down the shift key while striking F10
THEN
You can use DiskPart to "Clean" the disk and then exit the command prompt and install into the unallocated space.
Just be careful and make sure you direct the clean command at the correct disk.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a MSI 17" Leopard I7 16 GB ram gaming laptop, It came with Windows 10 Home but I don't play gamees.
I installed Windows 10 Pro on it eary on. and have used it for years and like it. A few days ago I got a
little Dell Latitude with 10 Pro. I let it update to Windows 11 Pro and shorty after the MSI Laptop got some
strange files on it so I thin the Dell Replacated some file from it to the MSI.
Did you login to WIndows on the new Dell with the same Microsoft ID you used on the old MSI? If so, then that may be why you see files from the MSI. Microsoft save key aspects of your config under your Microsoft ID (like the desktop wall paper) so that if you reinstall these are automatically restored.
I use Nova Backup and do monthly Images then weekly full , then daily differentialevery other day. In have restoreed several Images and
it boots I put in my Pin and it rolls thru and goes right back to the splash screen.I need to totaly erase the
500GB SSD because when I try to inatall pro from my usb it refuses to go in and it says that the drive is NTFS
and needs to be formatted Fat 32. Something is so corupted that I need to blow the whole drive away and start over.
Problem is I can find any way to do it even in safe mode. How about so help please.
Which drive is it complaining about; the destination SSD or the USB with Windows on it?